No good cheap customers

Is anyone interested in buying a cheap no good customer or two? I have several I need to unload. One who keeps bitching about how we are ripping him off for repeat service calls on a fire alarm trouble signal. I continue to explain that when you use a high pressure wand to wash the area, that the AV and pull station emt will fill with water. To prove it we remove the devices in his presence and all watch the water pour out on the floor and hear the gulg-gulg-glug as it flows. No matter, it is still out fault for not installing a water proof fixture (that he still won't pay for). Until we tag the panel and notify the Fire Marshall, he leaves it with all the zones troubled out. Yes the bonehead had a fire too. Good thing a driver passing by called the fire department. He called a meeting a while back to call our bluff about the red tag and loosing his C of O and invited a big national into the meeting to explain how they were going to take over the account, unfortunately they left the meeting and told him to F.O. Now pin head wants more cameras. He has a full 16 camera DVR. He wants at least 5 more cameras in two separate buildings. He "knows" there are "those cheap wireless cameras" that can do the job. He wants a bid but doesn't want to spend "too much" like before now "that everything has come down and is so cheap".

Reply to
Just Looking
Loading thread data ...

Send him to Brinks. They'll do it for $99 installed.

Jim Rojas

Just Look> Is anyone interested in buying a cheap no good customer or two? I have

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Just tell him you are not interested. Sometimes you have to walk away. Trust me its worth it to your stress and anxiety level.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Tell him you own extensive property in Canada and because the US dollar is now worth about half the Canadian one, you've decided to move your head office to Moose Jaw. His system won't come cheap. In fact it will have a premium attached to it because he has to pay in "Canuck Bucks".

Reply to
Frank Olson

You could call Trixie/Tracy and cry about it to her

heh

Reply to
Mark Leuck

RHC: Jeez...tell him to take a long walk off a short bridge.Why would you keep a customer like that for any more time than the time it takes to cut him loose. The stupid SOB will cause you far more grief than the little bit you make from his monitoring. I dumped a shit load of customers like that (almost all my corner pizza parlours) and I sleep far better now. Even better, refer him to the Borg; they deserve each other....:))

Reply to
tourman

Just yawn and walk away, that's what I do.

Reply to
alarman

Even most outdoor parts can't take direct assault by a high presure washer.

Had an outdoor dome filled with water a while back by an overzealous plant employee with a presure washer this year. He was standing there shooting water up under the rain hood on purpose. Gah!

Also, to give you and idea what a presure washer can do. Ages ago I worked as a shipping and receiving clerk at a tool & supply store. We got some equipment in and were told to play with it. One item was a gas power pressure washer. At close range we could cut 2 inch lumber all the way through with it. Not much can take 2000 PSI at close range. It will strip the paint off a car, cut lumber, and maim human beings. I doubt that outdoor fire alarm parts can take it any better.

This a training issue VS a manager who wants something for nothing.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Sorry we can't take your call right now, we are taking care of other PAYING customers.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hah! Really.

"The number you have called is not in service at this time. Please call back when you are willing to pay for our services. This is a recording."

Reply to
alarman

There is really not that much to a pull station. It wasn't the device itself that was the problem, although the water blasts didn't help it. It was the idea that, even with a stopper over it and other protection, the high pressure forced water up into the conduit several feet above the device. Since it was forced into the emt, and the system was sealed, the water stayed in the pipes and soaked the cable and connections to the point a ground would appear on the circuit. Again, since all the connections were water tight, the only way to remove the ground was remove the device and let the water drain. That is a chargeable service call, and that is what he bitched about.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.