Another sprinkler system found turned off

Went to Harrisburg today to wire in a sprinkler monitoring panel was delay 2 moths waiting for phone lines to get installed at this dollar store but AHJ let them occupy since sprinklers where in. but to my horror system was never turned on. Needless to say I raised a lot of hell over it today. some people just do not get it here even in our states capital.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

How long is a Moth in Harrisburg?

Reply to
G. Morgan

1- 1/2 "
Reply to
nick markowitz

While doing inspections for my previous company I found an apartment complex with all the sprinklers turned off. Manager explained that the pipes had been installed wrong and the previous winter and popped one at a time.

He told me that the company that installed the system had supposedly fixed it over that summer but this winter, after the first one popped he had shut them all down and drained them.

I told him he should let the fire marshal know and noted the condition on my inspection form.

The next winter I heard the service manager talking about this same apartment complex having its sprinklers shut down.

I told my manager that we should call Brian (Fire Marshal) and let him know. He sent that recommendation to corporate and I got a terse memo back saying that we had received the supervisory signals almost three months ago and if we called now it would make us look bad. I was to keep my mouth shut and if they did it again the next winter we would call right away.

I contemplated my options for about a week and I'd like to say I would have done the right thing but, honestly, I was still undecided when "the incident" happened.

There was a fire at the complex.

A few days later I was called into my manager's office and told to write a report on what I knew about the system at that complex and the word from corporate was, "be careful."

Apparently Brian wanted to know why the hell he didn't know the sprinklers were shut off.

Well, hey there, Mr. VP, how we lookin' now?

Reply to
JoeRaisin

1- 1/2 "
Reply to
Just Looking

WOW, so that means in your area, at a minimum, moths have got to be 2 feet long.

Otherwise, they couldn't even fly.

Reply to
Jim

baby moths are 1 1/2" but we also have the Moth Man around here with big red beady eyes they blame for all kinds of things as well.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.