need advice on wiring.

Hi. I just got a new Elk M1 system which I want to install in my home. In addition to a simple sensor i got at RadioShack I got a wireless module and 2 wireless sensors. The test run was good. The basic functionallity of the Elk seems to be working fine. I am ready to do the "official" installation. I know if a long shot but i was wondering if i can get few ideas on how to do wiring. I am want to hide the Elk in the closet and run the CAT5 wire to the keyboard which i plan to install near the home entrance. I know its hard to explain, but are there any tools that will help me fish the wires from the wall?

Any advice is appreciated.

- m

Reply to
mishab
Loading thread data ...

You can run wires INSIDE the wall???

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
mishab

Go to

formatting link
and look at the solutions and examples. Good luck...

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

As others have mentioned, an electrician's snake (aka "fish tape") and a D'Versi Bit are the most commonly used tools for fishing wires through existing walls.

How you use these and even if you do will depend in part on the way your home is constructed. If there's a basement and the ceiling is open it's often easy to fish up from there.

Tell us a little more about the house and I'll try to help.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
sales

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.