Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Roland

Cool.. Let me know, will ya?

Reply to
G. Morgan

It's an interesting product. I've had some DIYers asking about it already. They retail for about $430 which isn't bad considering the feature set. I can see a lot of daycare providers taking an interest in this or something like it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yup, pros are it's an inexpensive method of hooking up cameras to the net, you can also use it inline to connect to a DVR, the bad is you can't record video over the net, it will do capture clips but thats about it and you have to use Napco's web page to view remotely

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Ive used this one.

formatting link
good. only 2 channels.

Reply to
Don

They retail for about $430 which isn't bad

interest in this or something like it.

We sell that unit online though I have not used one myself. It retails for less than $270, making it an attractive solution if the DIYer only needs 2 cameras. The problem is most folks either want more than two cameras to start or soon discover they need more.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yeah -I saw that the video clips are 30 secs in length and the cust. only get 10MB on the server (about 15 clips). They also wrote on the site that if an account transmits too much video the acct. gets suspended for 24 hours -but they don't say how much is too much.

Does the dealer have control of renewing the subscription after the initial 24 months -- or can the customer renew it (thus ending the RMR for the dealer)?

Reply to
G. Morgan

They retail for about $430 which isn't bad considering

this or something like it.

I don't see this as a DIY product.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Nice. Thanks for the link, I've never seen that one.

Reply to
G. Morgan

good to hook to a splitter/quad/mux, vcr, vtr, etc. if hooked to some of digimerges dvrs it will allow for remote control also.

Reply to
Don

Yep. I plan to add it to the online store. We have Digimerge but I've been busy working on other product lines. The process of adding new manufacturers and maintaining existing lines is practically a full time job by itself.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

busy working on other product lines. The process of

time job by itself.

It also explains why you can't devote the required time to customer service issues (as evidenced by your BBB report).

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

For daycare a product that offers a straight webserver .

Client software and remote servers to redirect sounds to complicated for the average parent. They need to be able to point and click.

P.S. I do like the Dedicated Micros DS2s and it is also directly browser supported with the latest software revision.

P.P.S. Now if NetProMax would come up with something similar that does not require a client software installation I would be set. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Apparently, with the Napco VIP unit that's all they do -- point and click. The end user isn't even aware of the server. I think they just use their web browser.

supported with the latest software revision.

We had trouble moving Dedicated Micros until we got some better pricing recently. I plan to do a more comprehensive presentation of the product line, probably after the holidays.

They actually look pretty impressive. I'm waiting on pricing so I can add NetProMax as well. Have you seen their 32-channel, hi def DVR?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Just the specs. Have not seen one in person. I have a client with three of the standard 16 channel units in service on one location.

I do have pricing on them. Its pretty good for the bigger units. The smaller units are the same price as everybody else.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Since bAss usurped my thread I'll start a new one.

Has anyone actually INSTALLED one of these yet besides Mark that can offer an opinion?

And Mark, do you know how the account re-news after the initial term?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Are you getting them from the same place I do? If not, perhaps we should talk. I get really good prices on most CCTV stuff.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

already. They retail for about $430 which isn't bad considering

in this or something like it.

Especially since they have to register as a dealer and pay a monthly fee to Napco's website

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Dealer only from what I see

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.