New Napco Ver5 software

Has anyone tried the new Napco ver 5 software? If so how do you like it?

Reply to
bhnjr
Loading thread data ...

Question, can the new version work with USB serial adapters? The laptop I have has no onboard serial ports, so I'm focred to keep another laptop just for programming the Napco panels we have left out there. Thanks Michael

Reply to
Michael

There's a function in the app to display all serial ports on the PC. I don't know if it will expose USB adaptor ports though. I left my laptop in Brazil when I came back last time. I'm going back next Friday. I'll try it out when I get there and let you know if no one else posts an answer beforehand.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

I think you've pretty much got it covered now, there are probably people in previously undiscovered villages in Africa, who don't even know that Brazil exists, but they do know that RLB has been there.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

You've got it all wrong. They bought DIY alarms for their huts from my online store. They use laptops which they bought used from Jim Rojas to access the Internet.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Main product lines not doing too well?

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

You have to diversify to stay ahead in this business. I'm presently adding a category for Thatched Roof Accessories. :^)

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Careful, don't add "blowtorches" or "ignition products" on the same page....:))

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Nah.. He'll throw up a few links to smoke detectors and fire extinguishers...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Heh, heh, heh... Now you're talking. I replied to Bob's post before reading this one.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Let's see... for thatched roofs, would you also include a link to pressurized water extinguishers?? :-))

Speaking of which, have you considered adding those new mini foam extinguishers to your website?? They're great for the kitchen and far better than either the BC or ABC dry chems (which make one heck of a mess)...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Do you remember those characters selling little glass containers of water? They were supposed to burst from the heat of a fire and extinguish the flames. I think they each held about one pint of water. When the public got wise to them they started selling wind-up fire "alarms." :^)

All kidding aside, no, I hadn't. Now that you mention it, perhaps I should. ADI has been offering kitchen fire blankets for a while now. I thought about offering them but I don't know if they're any good.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Fire blankets are cumbersome (in that most people can't find a convenient space to mount the container). In addition, I'd hate to see someone get hurt if they're trying to put out a grease fire and the only thing to hand is the "fire blanket". Used incorrectly, you could subject yourself to some nasty burns and not just from the flaming grease/oil. Badger has some excellent foam type extinguishers as does Amerex. The company I'm thinking of is based out of Montreal. Their products are UL and FM approved and far more easy to handle than the 6 liter extinguishers the aforementioned companies offer. I'll email you the info if you like. I"ll come right out and say that I'd prefer not to give it to "Moderator"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thanks. Consider my previous request that you not send e-mail rescinded... not just for this.

As to the MM, he'll probably just copy my page to a PDF once I put the products up. :^)

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Frankie and Bobby sitin in a tree......I was waiting for the day that Olsen

**REALLY** smooches up to Bobby Bass... I think he found his REAL Father....Bless You Son ...Friend...Pal.... Ohhhhhhh Boyyyyyy Frankie is allowed to send Goofy E- Mail again.........
Reply to
Group Moderator

Y'know... Maybe you should go back to "skool" and try for that Grade 9 "diploma"... Your spelling might improve as well as your "level" of humour...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Uh-huh... and he's outselling you because he's the biggest brick on the block and his online store has the word "super" in it... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.