Keyscan CA8000 Question

Hey,

I've just finishing installing a brand new Keyscan System in a commercial building. I have two CA8000's and one CA4000 communicating via cpb10 boards to System 5 software via a network w/ a netcom unit. There are both reader/rex doors and some reader in/reader out doors, and all have contacts. All the readers are HID slimline readers. I am the sub contractor, so all I installed was the hardware. The software was set up by the main security provider. I can only assume that this question has nothing to do with the software as everything else works perfectly. However, there is a queer little problem that is bugging me.

I have a front door reader in/reader out which during normal business hours, the mag is unlocked. Both led's on the two readers are green (This may be different than what you may do but we set readers up to show red for locked and green for unlocked). At the panel I see that relay 1 is on, which it should be, as I tied everything hardware wise to the in reader, and both readers one & two fire relay output 1. Straight ahead of this door is another reader in/reader out door which during normal business hours is locked. Both readers show a red led and when a valid card is swiped on either reader, both go green to show unlocked, and the mag is released as it should even though hardware wise they are not tied together at all.

After hours, the front door locks via its schedule and works exactly the way it should with a valid card read. The inner door opens (the business is almost 24hrs so the customer wants no one except employees to come in.) via its schedule and works almost they way it should. The in reader, which has the contact tied to it properly, shows green and the associated lock relay opens dropping the mag. The out reader, goes green.....then flashes red/green/red/green/red/green for a second or two, goes green and then repeats the cycle. There is no reason for this reader to be flashing at all. It is causing quite the confusion with the employees as they are unsure if the need to swipe or not. I checked the wiring. All seems ok. I jumpered out its contact point. No change. And like I said above there are

4 other scheduled reader in/reader out doors which are not hardware connected which work perfect, both in there locked state and in there unlocked state. So I do not believe that it is software, as I know the person who programmed the system, and he is usually very good at it. In order to stop the flashing led I needed to tie in the out led to follow what the in led does. So with a piece of jumper wire I've solved a problem which should not have been there in the first place.

My question is what could be causing this problem? Its really starting to bug me as I think I should either have to always tie the leds together physically or not at all. Have I overlooked a obvious thing? This could be just a little system glitch that does happen from panel to panel, giving grief to installers who want it all to work the first time.

Oh well, any suggestions would be great.

Andrew Novatech Systems

Reply to
Andrew Buchanan
Loading thread data ...

I worked on some keyscan system and what you told us is definitely a programming issue, first thing that make me say that is,if you tie the led signal line to another output it works ok, so that mean the problem is not with wiring or with the reader

next thing is that the way it flash look like the programmer told the system there was an input associated to the out door and as its lock for the after hour schedule it doesn't see the closed zone and react as door open too long or door forced state

now there is 1 easy way to fix that,put a resistor to the input programmed for the out ready door,or program the same input in both reader as the door status input........

"Andrew Buchanan" a écrit dans le message de news: EoDwf.2133$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.