Internet fax service

I had my fax machine die last week and i am trying to decide if i should bite the bullet and buy another or go to an internet fax service.

Any of you guys using one? Any good ones to try or bad ones to avoid?

Reply to
motley me
Loading thread data ...

you can receive your fax directly on your computer if you have a modem\\fax conected to it. there's even some software that will transfert them as email and will send it to your email, and if that email is sent to your pda\\phone you can read it on the road

of course thats taking care of receiving email, sending is ok if your docs are in electronic format, but if you want to scan a file and send it by fax you will need a scanner, a all in one printer should do the trick on that point, not only you will have a photocopier but at the same time you can scan what ever you want.. even old family photo and reprint them for the family..

"motley me" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : Xns9B0B5801370F3tommynospamcom@85.214.90.236...

Reply to
Petem

formatting link
I am not sure how secure your transmission going to be thou.

Reply to
A.J.

formatting link

Reply to
alarman

"Petem" wrote in news:g9e9p1$747$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

That's what i had essentitally, except it was an all in on printer with fax. I don't really want to send and recieve through the computer modem, as i have had some issues with that in the past. Lost one whole conputer to a lightning strike to the phone line back when dial up was the greatest.

Reply to
motley me

"A.J." wrote in news:HnAuk.58425$hx.11320 @pd7urf3no:

I looked a their site,but they don't offer a local exchange for me or a toll free exchange. otherwise they looked promising.

Reply to
motley me

"alarman" wrote in news:_1Cuk.6834$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.iad:

Thought about that also. i could just replace what i was using, but i like the idea of getting my faxes in e-mail. paper faxes sometimes get lost in the shuffle around here.

Reply to
motley me

Check with your telco - mine (Telus -

formatting link
offers a fax-to-email service that sends your incoming faxes to up to three email addresses in PDF or TIF format. They even give you a dedicated number in your own area code, and/or a toll-free number. It doesn't have outgoing support, but an $80 all-in-one can handle that... or pick up an old used fax machine at a flea market or something.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Matt Ion wrote in news:g9fa14$a3m$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

Thanks i will look into that. The all in one i was using will send most of the time so i could use it if needed. I dont send all that much

Reply to
motley me

If you don't need to send existing hardcopy, a faxmodem in the computer will always do the trick too. Use a cheap scanner with it if you do need hardcopy.

Reply to
Matt Ion

I use myfax.com with a toll free number. I had my old landline number forwarded to it and canceled the copper line. $10 a month. (plus what the phone company charges me for my old fax number). If I just used the toll free number for incoming, and gave up my old fax number of a decade it would just cost me $10 a month. Works great for the number of faxes I send or receive, and its cheap. Incoming faxes are e-mailed to me as pdf attachments. To send a fax I just attach the file to an e-mail and send it to (their number)@myfax.com from the e-mail address I have associated with my account. I can actually associate multiple e-mail addresses, but realistically I only need one for that. I can send faxes from anywhere I can get on the internet as I use an address with web as well as client interface capability.

Most popular file formats are supported as attachments for sending. I still have a mechanical fax machine that get use once in a while, but most times I just don't need it. I might find it more convenient to use the machine maybe once or twice a month now. I just have it on my voice line and set it not to answer incoming calls at all. Delivery confirmation and delivery failure notices are e-mailed back to me, and I set up that account to sort all files (sent/received/confirmations/etc into different folders.) Makes it easy to delete spam faxes to.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

"motley me" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : Xns9B0BAF5D18FE0tommynospamcom@85.214.90.236...

there a surge protector for such thing...

Reply to
Petem

I use Ringcentral.com , super versatile. Also have it for swinging receiver numbers and office phones.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Tsk, tsk, tsk... I never took you for a "swinging receiver number"... but hey!! This group has every type now!! ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I've been using TrustFax for over a year now, and have been very pleased. You can get a dedicated local number, or an 800 number, inbound and outbout faxing, emailing of faxes either direction and some other stuff. The cheaper plans are quite inexpensive.

Reply to
Robert Neville

Heh! It's a lifestyle choice, :-)

Reply to
G. Morgan

"Petem" wrote in news:g9flk8$2ei$1 @registered.motzarella.org:

it was on one.

Reply to
motley me

Robert Neville wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

Thanks. i will have a look at them.

Reply to
motley me

G. Morgan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mypost.invalid:

Thanks. They are on the short list

Reply to
motley me

"motley me" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : Xns9B0C7873FBA93tommynospamcom@85.214.90.236...

5$ for a surge protector is a good price at first.....
Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.