Re: Forward Fax to Email

I currently have a fax number that is widely used by my clients.

> Problem is that I get a ton of fax "spam" if you will. I am looking > for the BEST solution to have these faxes forwarded to e-mail, while > keeping my existing fax number since that is the one everyone knows > and uses. > I am somewhat familiar with e-fax, but they can not re-use my existing > number, plus you have to pay for outgoing faxes. I have seen where I > can have a forward feature put on my fax line that would forward to an > e-fax number, and I would still be able to use my fax machine for > outgoing faxes (at least that is how I understand it). > Because of the number of "spam" faxes I receive via fax, I have to > replace my toner about every other week. As you can imagine this is a > very high expense for me, so I thought if I could have them sent to > e-mail then i could print the ones I want to keep and delete the > trash. > Does anyone have any better solutions than this. Someone mentioned a > Microsoft Fax Software, but I did not have any luck finding anything > out about it, so therefore I know nothing about it. Please let me > know if there is a better alternative solution.

The E-fax product has an ongoing cost of $12.95 a month, even if you can get a local number. Not very cost effective, since you still have to maintain your fax number and pay for outbound faxes.

I use MaxEmail, which is a lot less, but my number is in suburban Chicago.

A quick search of "fax software" on Google brings up

formatting link
where, for $60 you can get 3 or 4 fax programs that will use your existing fax line and internet connection to send and receive faxes. I'd put this on the fax line, and program the fax maching to not answer calls until the 4th ring. Let the computer answer the faxes and you can choose whether to send faxes via computer or just walk to the fax machine.

You can try the software before you buy it.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.