Hidden camera installation?

Hi,

I'm looking at setting up some hidden cameras to monitor my nanny and other people that may be in my house when I am not around. I am completely new to this concept (my wife is insisting on the hidden cams), so I am looking for any advice or suggestions where to find more information about it. Any searches I do online seem to point me to the commercial sites selling hidden nanny cams (ie: the stuff hidden in smoke detectors, or in alarm clocks, etc). Is there no way to find/buy some pinhole cameras and wire them up to a PC to record any movement in the room? I'm rewiring a few rooms, and I'm not even sure what/how to wire for them. Is just Cat5 good enough? Do I need to provide for some type of power, etc?

Any advice, suggestions, or links to where I can find more information about hidden cameras for the home (not the kind hidden in smoke detectors, but the kind I could hide myself in door frames, bookshelves, etc) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric

Reply to
Eric B.
Loading thread data ...

Eric B. wrote: (my wife is insisting on ....

You have a training issue, my friend.

Reply to
alarman

h? =EF=BF=BDDo I

Those websites with the covert cameras also carry pinhole and miniature cameras.

Try:

formatting link
Try:
formatting link
Try: Watching that new show ...... Wife Whisperer.

Reply to
Jim

No wire to run :-

formatting link
My favourite is the motion detector version.
formatting link

Reply to
A.J.

:) Of the wife? Or the nanny... :)

Eric

Reply to
Eric B.

in some states it is against the law to video record in an area where a person expects privacy. bathroom, bedroom, etc. check local laws.

Reply to
Bob

The wife.

Reply to
alarman

Do you not trust your nanny?

If not, why on earth are you letting her look after your kids?

Reply to
Ken

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.