Napco PC-Preset

Because of Hurricane Ike, most of my customers were without power for 2 to 3 weeks. Of course the batteries went down and the clock settings were lost which causes the panels to not know when to send a test signal. I used PC-Preset to access about 100 accounts overnight. I set it up to read the event log. Napco automatically adjusts time when you connect to it so I was hoping to set the time and be able to see the log to determine if their batteries had restored. My preference would have been to simply read the status... and save it. Unless I did something wrong, the program did not save the event logs it read. It did set the time. I have a list of who I was able to connect with and who I couldn't that will allow me to determine further problems.

Napco technical was of very little help on this issue as they seldom have anyone to ask about PC-Preset (Windows Version). It was terribly tedious to build the list. Had to be done one account at a time and it would jump back to the beginning after each account was put on the action list. Any ideas on how to do this better? I have almost 800 more residential customers that I would like to auto set their time and be able to see if their batteries have failed.

Amazingly, most of the batteries in all of my systems have restored themselves. If they were older than 2005, they may not have restored. Some Interstate batteries as new as 2006 also failed to re-charge.

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter
Loading thread data ...

On Oct 11, 8:27=EF=BF=BDpm, "Allan Waghalter" wrot= e:

e a list of who I

ored. =EF=BF=BDSome

PC preset is a dinosaur that no one uses. With what little I've fooled around with it, it's cumbersome to say the least.

Genisis batteries are the best.

Reply to
Jim

Genesis...going down-hill me thinks...prices going up...and they seem to be wearing out sooner. Are they made in Nam now? or still China?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Idono.

Haven't noticed them going any sooner but I really don't keep close/ close watch on them. I've used them for years and didn't follow ADI's push to use Power Sonic(?) because I'd had problems with them, years ago. I put them in and mark the date on them. I'm pulling batteries now from about 2002/3 and a few from earler .... so I don't think that's sooner than usual. I'd just as soon stick with whats worked in the past and pay the price (which still isn't bad considering I charge $40.00 for them.)

Whenever I see them at shows and some of the local expos, they always say that they're maintaining the quality ......... but .... what else would they say?

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.