help needed - FAI Security Guard setup

Junk it, just because it cost so much at one time doesn't mean it was worth it, just ask owners of AT&T panels

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

G'day

I have a wireless security (and I use the term loosely) system that FAI sold me a few years back (for a laughably inflated price). The battery in the main unit has gone flat, I've sourced a replacement, but it appears the unit also needs to be setup again (or reprogrammed).

Does anyone have any clues, or can offer any help? If you have a programming sheet for these, or can point me at a website where I might ask, I'd be grateful.

I'm fairly sure FAI called the unit a Security Guard II, here in Australia. ("pile of steaming arsevomit" must already be in use?) On the PCB it says it's a Ness SG3. On the surface-mount it says Ness SF3. It's the one that talks to you and has a 6 digit led display.

I should probably just replace the thing, but it cost so much I'm determined to keep it in service somehow/somewhere, even if I do. Anyway, if you can help, thanks in advance. If you want to reply to me (or grab me on msn), just drop the _nospam from my email.

toodles

Reply to
Bazza

No thanks, I'd rather find 'some' use for it. It works, as well as it ever did. I think it's an SG3 too (it speaks and has a dialler), I typed II.

Half the trouble with the state of things today is people always want to throw stuff away, instead of recycling and reviving, finding new uses.

So if you can't actually "help" with the question asked.... ;-)

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
Bazza

And because of that attitude too many old junk panels like the SG3 are out there, you can't get parts, can't reprogram the dialer, can't do much of anything with it

I had one and after learning the thing threw it away

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.