good news

My pet scan came back clean and they say cancer was dead they took out during surgery getting ready to start chemo again as a clean up precaution and hopefully will have gotten the cancer gone for good.lets hope

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Glad to hear it, Nick.

Reply to
alarman

That's great news Nick.

Jim Rojas

nick markowitz wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

THAT'S GREAT NEWS.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Oh, Thank GOD!!! That's wonderful news, Nick. I know exactly how it feels to get your life back. Now start doing all the things you used to say "Some day I want to..."

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Great news Nick. That's 2 people today with the same result, good to see technology is working for those who deserve it. Just remember to look after yourself and don't over do it during your recovery / treatment. Good luck.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Sounds like you owe a big thanks to your doctors. I say give them the business anyway and tell them that you'll only pay when the surgeon takes out the nasty live stuff. .

Reply to
Just Looking

Hopefully everything will keep going good i do not look forward to the next

6 chemo treatments but it must be to make sure we got it all. my biggest worry now is i have lost allot of weight i was 215 now down to 162 and hate going thru chemo that thin but god willing everything will go right and in 5 years i will be considered cancer free. unfortunately the survival rate for stage 4 colon is very low 5 % so in 5 years when i walk thru that door of survival 4 others will follow out of my group of 100 diagnosed stage 4 and 95 will not. really goes to show just how fortunate i will be.
Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Anyone that tells me that prayer doesn't work doesn't know how many people prayed for your successful recovery, Nick. It quite obviously DOES WORK. God Bless!

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'm happy for you, Nick.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Nick,

The low survival rate is for CRC(4) patients in general. The rate for those who have already survived surgery / chemo and had a clean PET is much higher. Basically, the farther you go with good results, the higher your probability of long-term success. I know that probably sounds obvious, but the point is that by getting this far and having a clean scan you've joined an elite group of folks more likely to stay cancer free.

For now, just keep on going. You'll get through the chemo and when it's done you'll start to build up to a healthy frame again. This time next year if you're feeling up to it, maybe I'll invite you to do some fishing down in the Amazon. I've got more miles than I can use anyway. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

RHC: Nick, so glad to hear that you are doing well. I just lost my mother over Xmas from cancer, so I know a little bit of what you are going through.

God bless you, keep your chin up, and stay positive !!

Reply to
tourman

"nick markowitz" wrote in news:Z8DWj.17203$%X1.15310@trnddc08:

Great news Nick

Reply to
motley me

The Force was with you... Congratulations....

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.