GE CAREGard

I recently picked one of these up and want to use it to where it will dial my cell phone. I got that part of it to work, but I cannot have a two conversation nor hear the alarm codes. It just dials the number and does nothing even I hit * and then it hangs up after 14 secs and dials 8 more times. Is there an option not set yet? I don't quite understand option 10.

Thanks to all that help.

Mango

Reply to
Mango
Loading thread data ...

It's not rocket science you know

Reply to
Mark Leuck

:-) js

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Muffy Links

ROFL!!

Reply to
I eat worms

Sounds like you have the manual? forget option 10. I have never used this with the pager report [option 5] before. That being said I would set option 5 to your cell phone number, option 12 to setting

10 [voice event notification], option 24 ON [for two way voice], option 26 OFF [stay online for two way voice], other setting for mic and vox sensitvity can be set after you get the pager notification part working. see manual.
Reply to
spike

You Mango's brother or somethin'?

Whatever you do don't enable option 10!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

There are 3 Numbers for callout on the Careguard. Option 3 is for Primary Phone #- It is for Central Station Accounts ONLY- It ONLY reports in SIA or CID Format. Option 4 is for a Backup CS # OR Voice/Numeric Phone # -Pager OR Phone Option 5 is for Numeric/Voice Phone # also. Option 10 Only sets format for Phone 1 which is Option 3 Only SIA or CID Format Option 11 sets parameters for Option 4 Option 12 sets Parameters for Option5 Set Option 11 and/or 12 to "10" to Report Alarms ONLY to Pager /Phone Option 26 ONLY affects Phone 1/ Option 3

Reply to
secure15

Reply to
Muffy Links

And never... NEVER... Option 4. ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

messagenews:x35vh.10$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe09.lga...

Now you'll have the distinct privlege of being able to be called first instead of the fire department, while your house burns down. .

Reply to
Jim

you're welcome

Reply to
spike

are you in the stuffed bear biz?

Reply to
spike

Imagine getting that Voice Mail message 3 hours after you get out of your business meeting. Sorry, your home is cinders.

| > Mango/muffy"secure15" wrote in messagenews:x35vh.10$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe09.lga... | >

| | Now you'll have the distinct privlege of being able to be called first | instead of the fire department, while your house burns down. . |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I wouldn't mess with them. They look like trouble. Their names just yell out HELL's ANGELS

messagenews:Yc%uh.348$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.lga...

Reply to
I brive a dus

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.