FBI XL-2T

Recently I bought a FBI XL-2T alarm system. I installed it correctly. But I no idea how to program it. I read thru the instruction manual........ nothing workout sofar. Can anybody help me on this please. I am looking for thge information like very detailed & A-Z. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
pratheeps26
Loading thread data ...

Rlb is a monkey that can program alarm panels. gonna take a lot of bananas, though.

Reply to
Slim

Not to be nasty or anything, but I think that this is just about the easiest panel in the world to program.

However, that being said, the simplest and most detailed information you can get on it is directly from the programing section in the manual. I don't think it can be expressed any more basic than that.

Reply to
Jim

Naah. Programming help is free. No bananas required, but I've never gone ape over FBII panels.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Well obviously you aren't too bright, if you can't program something that simple what makes you think you installed it correctly?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Ouch!!! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Well I programed it have way. I can arm & disarm it. So if anything happened the siren makes noise.I want to know some detail information about to program it to call upto 4 phone #.

Reply to
pratheeps26

It will call any number you program into it. It will expect to hear a special high frequency tone and then transmit the alarm or trouble code. It will then expect another high frequency tone (called the "kiss-off") and hang up. If it doesn't receive the special tone (you've programmed it to dial a telephone number that doesn't have a central station receiver on it), it will hang up and try again. It will keep doing this for a preset number of times (I believe the default is eight) and then the keypads will go into "trouble". They will display a communication fault that you can only reset by powering the system down and then back up again. If you DO program it to dial your cell phone, you'll see your home phone number come up on your call display. When you answer it, you'll hear "dead air" (the panel is waiting to hear that special tone). When you hang up, the panel will dial your number again. It will do this for the preset number of times. You won't be able to tell whether the panel is calling in a system trouble (like a low battery), a fire alarm, or an intrusion.

Quit trying to be a "cheap prick" and call a local alarm company to have your system professionally monitored! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Or learn to whistle at the correct freq. for the handshake and kissoff...then learn Alarmglish to interpret what message it has to send.

It ain't rocket science just a failure to communicate.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It *is* rocket science. And "failure to communicate" is something Bass' customers frequently complain about. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

sot: What's the handshake freq. with CID, do you know off-hand?

Got a buddy who's gonna try this same stupid thing and Vista 20p's not gonna dump the communication failure unless he powers down...so I know I'll get a phone call on Wednesday! I know I know, but he's stubborn and he wanted to try it anyway!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

1400 or 2300 Hz... I think most receivers will send both. I believe that's standard for most receivers, but Mark would be in a better position to answer that. 1600 Hz is a non-standard tone that's used for export versions of some of the DSC "Power" products.
Reply to
Frank Olson

You could always enter then exit programming, that'll clear it up.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

ah, forgot to try that...yah that should work. or teach him to whistle at 1400/2300

kinda dumb you can't clear the com fail with the master code + off or something along those lines.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I didn't get anything guys......

Reply to
pratheeps26

Try whistling louder.

Reply to
Jim

It should dial your cell, but it will just ring and you'll hear dead air most likely since you cant give the handshake. If it doesn't ring your phone, check your programming and wiring to the SNI.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.