GE and Alarm.com

Anyone here using Alarm.com? Do they like the service or features? I know Alarm.com only uses GE panels. I am not a big GE guy when it come to regular alarm panels. The only thing GE has that I have been trained on is what was once Infographic Systems (Sapphire Pro and Diamond II) and is now GE Security. For a year and a half after GE bought Infographic Systems we couldn't get parts from GE because we weren't Cassi dealers too. Huh? Apparently they didn't make what GE calls a "bucket" for the dealer network for Infographic Systems only dealers to be able to sell them parts from. The way GE butchered the Infographic Systems product line made me worry about what they'd do to the remains of ITI and Caddx. It seems that GE is really pushing their current NX series so I guess it wasn't something GE could screw up after all.

Reply to
Roland Moore
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Roland, I've casually looked into their offering and it looks pretty good for those customers who put a high priority on remote control over arming, access to event log recordings etc. I have one client who is desperate to get this kind of control, but he has a Paradox system installed by me, and alarm.com's service as you say only works with GE panels. However, the client called me up the other day and said that alarm.com have a new alliance with Bell Canada, who are currently marketing low end, non-supervised wireless equipment of some type...I don't know the make, but it doesn't look like professional equipment. He's even gone so far as to ask me if I would buy back the old hardware. I told him that it would be very foolish to remove a high end alarm system and replace it with basically junk, simply to get the features that alarm.com offers but he may yet do so. And since he is the ONLY customer who has ever asked me for this kind of thing, I can't see it being a really big seller. As time goes on however, I suspect it will become more popular. But it strikes me more as a company "selling the sizzle not the steak", but I could be wrong...

I guess if a scam artist like Alarm Force can make it big, so can these guys, since they do seem to offer something real. I too would like to hear from an end user customer who has used Alarm.com's service to see if it's all it's cracked up to be....

Reply to
tourman

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Alarm.com is excellent, the best upgrade to any current GE panel out there

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.