Foil

No one that I know of sells the "original" window foil anymore. There is some that is being sold that is made of aluminum, but it really doesn't do the job. It's too thick and you can't "work" it the way the original could. It might be OK for repair but it's real shinny and thick. I haven't used it, but once seeing a roll of it ...... I just wouldn't use it.

Fortunately, I was lucky enough to buy a supply of the original before the Brooklyn Foil company went out of business. It's sitting in my freezer, hopefully preserving the adhesive back. I use it for repair and when a plate glass store front window has to be replaced and they don't want to go for the glass breaks. I don't understand because it cost just as much to refoil ....... but hey ....... thas hokay wit me.

The other thing I don't understand is .... you can still buy foil blocks ...... what for?

It's lost art now.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Anyone out there got foil? Yes it is ancient history and yes we use GB detectors and audio discriminators etc but sometimes there is just a slit in the foil. so again,

anyone got foil?? any suppliers???? anywhere???

Reply to
p burke

I have only the new aluminum foil. $9 a roll for 150 feet. I can do quantity discounts.for 10 rolls or more.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.