DSC Power 832 Programming Guide

I just bought a house with a DSC Power 832 system installed. The previous owner left without giving me his master key, which means I can't use it at all. Of course, I could pay monthly fee to some security company and they would be gald to come program it for me, but I would prefere to use it stand alone, i.e. have it call my pager or my phone when a problem is detected ... and no monthly fees. Is it something that can be done? I guess I would only need a copy of a "programming guide" of some sort and that should be enough. I mean I own the damn thing, so that must be legal to do so, isn't it?

I am sure I am not the only one who want to do this. Anyone can guide me or tell me where to find the needed documentation?

Thanks,

P.S.: The system must have been installed somewhere between

1997-2000..

Ozo.

Reply to
Ozo
Loading thread data ...

Sure it can be done, you need the installer code (which may be different from the master) and the programming manual. You can't have it call your cell because you'd have no idea what it was saying to you.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Crash Gordon a =E9crit :

I just found the programming manual of PC5010 v2. It is very similar, but I am not sure that is the same product that I have. In my user guide, it talks about PC5204 and the "keypad" is names PC5532. Do I need to look at the PCB to know the exact model of this thing? Is it the same as the PC5010?

Also, where can I get the installer code? Can I simply reset it? (like by jumping some pins on the PCB)?.

Thanks.

Ozo.

Reply to
Ozo

Look on the circuit board for the correct model# & rev.

I'm not a master at DSC so I will defer to others in this newsgroup on these panels when it comes to programming.

Crash Gordon a écrit :

I just found the programming manual of PC5010 v2. It is very similar, but I am not sure that is the same product that I have. In my user guide, it talks about PC5204 and the "keypad" is names PC5532. Do I need to look at the PCB to know the exact model of this thing? Is it the same as the PC5010?

Also, where can I get the installer code? Can I simply reset it? (like by jumping some pins on the PCB)?.

Thanks.

Ozo.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sir, don't worry about the terminology; that is DSC's product numbers for their equipment.

First off, try *8, 5010 in the hopes that the previous installer left the installer code at factory. Likely not, and you will have to default the board back to factory. However, before you do, check that the board is not "locked" in software. The way to do this is to disconnect one side of the siren, disconnect the battery and then disconnect the AC. Then power up with AC only and listen for a series of about 10 clicks coming from an onboard relay. If it clicks, it IS locked, and if you continue the default procedure (see the manual), you will default all information in the panel with the exception of the installer code, and the board will be useless for anything at all.

Likely it isn't locked, and the panel will simply go back to factory specs with the factory installer code of 5010. At that point, enter installer programming mode and reprogram. If it is locked, you can send it away to be unlocked (about $20 plus postage both ways), or simply buy another board

Good luck !!

R=2EH.Campbell Home Security Metal Products Ottawa, > Crash Gordon a =E9crit :

Reply to
tourman

Taken from the HomeSecurity Store Forum

forum.homesecuritystore.com

"If you just bought a home and there is a DSC system installed and the codes are not known, a reset will need to be performed so you can then reprogram the control to your specs.

Step1.- Remove AC and Battery power Step2.- Remove wires from z1 and PGM1 terminals Step3.- Use a piece of wire to connect z1 to PGM1 Step4.- Apply AC power only Step5.- Walk away for 1 minute Step6.- Remove AC Step7.- Remove jumper and reconnect z1 then reapply battery and AC power Step8. If you hear a series of approximately 10 clicks from the main board upon powering up, the board is locked and will need to be replaced.

This will completely erase all of the panel's programming and it will need to be completely reprogrammed, as if you were successful, all values are now set to factory defaults!"

once you have reset it, you will need to program it.

A basic guide is here:

formatting link

Ozo wrote:

Reply to
mikesus

One word of caution before attempting a reset of the system. You should determine whether-or-not it's been locked out.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.