832 power trouble - low batt. error again.

have a power 832 system that I worked on a eight months ago. The system worked fine for 3 months then gave a low battery error continuously. I changed the battery thinking the battery might have gone bad (old battery). That didn't solve the problem. I had heard of the bridge going bad on 832's and giving that error falsely. I had them order a new board and I replaced it yesterday. The error went

away. Today I checked in to make sure everything was good and the trouble light was on again. I checked it and sure enough it said "Low Battery". I have tried two batteries and two boards now. The non-profit that I am helping with this can't really afford to keep buying parts. Anyone know what might be causing this mess? They have a dial in module, printer module, and autodialer all on the system. Might the devices be drawing too much power from the system ? Someone recommended a bigger battery, but I wouldn't think that would solve it since the power is not going out. This happens when the system is plugged in and no power event have occured. Thanks all.

Reply to
Impalpable
Loading thread data ...

Only choice is to try another 5010 board. The replacement board should still be under warranty. If you don't want to give that a "go", then opt to install a 5020 (864). There haven't been any problems with that board that I know of and we have several in service.

Reply to
Frank Olson

What do you mean continuously? Does the low battery restore and then fault again? Old building? What's the electricity like? I wonder if the panel maybe doesn't have enough to work with and can't keep the batteries above the 11.8V (or whatever) threshold

Reply to
mikey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.