Power 832 issue

I installed this thing years ago, then had some trouble with it, so I left it dormant.

I'm trying to get it up and running again. Most things seem to work, but I'm having trouble with 2 items.

-4 wire smoke detectors. I have 4 ESL 449CT detectors with a DSC RM-1C power supervision relay at EOL. The 5600 resistor is installed, too. The problem is that the loop is not powering up. I've hooked positive to Aux+ as recommended, and hooked negative to PGM2. I get no power. I put a multimeter on the contacts and it confirms no power. I'm also getting a wiring fault on zone 7 (I've designated it as delayed Fire) I removed the power supervision unit and hooked the detectors up to Aux+ and Aux- and the loop powers up fine. I get the LED blink every 9 seconds from the detectors as normal. I accidentally put the power supervision unit back on the EOL while still hooked to Aux+ and Aux-. The system worked for ~7 seconds and the system went off. I disconnected the power supervision unit, unplugged the system, disconnected the battery, then re-atached power. Everything came back up fine. Since I know that Aux+ is working, it must be an issue with PGM2. Is this a programming issue and PGM 2 just isn't activated? Secondly, I've designated zones 5 and 6 to be interior zones (beams) I don't want them activated during 'Stay' mode. But, when I hold 'Stay' down to activate it, it runs a system test. (??) How do I get this key back and working the way it should?

TIA,

Dave

Reply to
user
Loading thread data ...

you have programming issues. i would default it and start from scratch-

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Yes, that's what it was. My PGM2 was set to the wrong option. I set it to 03 and changed another option for 'Stay'. I rebooted and all is working properly.

Dave

Reply to
user

Make sure you test EVERYTHING. That Stay button doing a Test would make me lose sleep.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

The "stay" button on the keypad is configurable. it was probably set up for one of the "*" command functions.

Reply to
T. Lee

Indeed, and since the user is surprised that is does this, it is obviously programmed differently than he expected, which means that other things might be as well. Always best to be safe & test everything after screwing with the programming.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.