DSC 832 Panel CON1 Jumper Location?

I am trying to hook up a 2 wire smoke detector to a DSC 832 panel. I can't find the location of the CON1 jumper that I need to remove. Any tips would be appreciated.

Reply to
Mike Schumann
Loading thread data ...

Middle of the board, slightly left of center. I need to put my specs on to find it. :-) js

Reply to
alarman

I found it. Boy was this well hidden. On my board, it was labeled JP1. The DSC documentation sure leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks for the help.

Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Indeed, along with quality control, dealer service, etc.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

look who's talking,,mister cant answer the phone or answer email...

Reply to
petem

There is nothing wrong with the DSC documentation, you have a v1 board and the manual is for a v2 board

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yet you continue to sell it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I have to hunt for it every time, and I KNOW where it is.

Heh, you should try Ademco. js

Reply to
alarman

With few exceptions, and given the amount of DSC I use, I have had very little trouble with it. Certainly no more than with any other brand.

Since you do not install yourself, I take it your observation is based on the experiences of your DIY diciples. Perhaps they are challenged in some way. js

Reply to
alarman

you mean Napco right?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The manual and panel came together in a factory sealed DSC box.

Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

There's nothing wrong with that, right? The above is an example of DSC's ongoing program of quality control "improvement". :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Er, yeah. Napco. That's what I meant. js

Reply to
alarman

Yup, 3 manuals

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.