Scantronic 9751 internal sounder/fire detector

About two years ago, we had a Scantronic 9751 alarm fitted to our house. There are 8 zones - zone 8 is a CO fire detector.

When the fire detector is activated, the manual says that the keypad and internal sounder sound a "warbling" tone.

However, only the keypad makes a noise, and the internal sounder doesn't go off when the fire detector is activated.

This is a problem because the keypad only sounds a very quiet alarm, which wouldn't wake anybody up, and more likely - because the alarm is linked to a monitoring station, if the fire alarm goes off, we might not hear it in time to cancel the false alarm and stop the fire brigade coming (as has already happened).

I think it is because there is no "speaker" - the internal sounder is just a siren which probably is only able to make one noise. But surely the alarm doesn't comply to the relevant safety standards if the alarm doesn't go off properly when the fire detector is activated.

Does anybody know why this is - or how we can get around it?

Reply to
londonnman
Loading thread data ...

It sounds like your internal sounder is as you said a siren which actually connects to a different pair of terminals on the main panel. You could easily connect a speaker to the internal sounder terminals and still use the existing sirens as well.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

thanks, the only thing is that when we set the alarm at night, would a speaker not also make the 30 seconds of exit-time buzzing louder as well... and wake everybody up!

Paul Ek> It sounds like your internal sounder is as you said a siren which actually

Reply to
londonnman

Yes it would but you can program the part set option to be silent for that reason.

Paul Ekins

Linc Secure

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Correct me if i am wrong Paul but presumably there is no requirement for a silent Siren on a Fire Activation ?

Reply to
BIG NIGE

I didn't mean that. The question was relating to the exit sounder which can be silent in part set. The sounder will still activate in the case of an alarm condition, either intruder or fire.

Paul Ekins

Linc Secure

Reply to
Paul Ekins

I didn't mean that. The question was relating to the exit sounder which can be silent in part set. The sounder will still activate in the case of an alarm condition, either intruder or fire.

Paul Ekins

Linc Secure

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Paul The point i was making was The system is monitored so presumably there is a silent alarm time for the dd243. The OP said that only the RKP sounded on fire alarm. I was asking if there is a requirement for the fire zone to be silent or can the Fire zone be Instant Bells. I agree there should be an internal speaker.

BTW Just come back from your neck of the woods (excellent weeks break).

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Sorry, Misinterpreted that one. I am once again in agreement with you, To my knowledge there isn't a requirement for bell delay on fire zones. Worth noting though as I think the panel has a global bell delay. Could be a bit of a bugger.

Glad you had a nice break. I had 2 weeks over your side a while back. Loved it but had to come back to earn some more. :>(

Paul Ekins

Linc Secure

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.