Nurse Call

Options for small nurse call system. 14 pull cords. Not likely to expand beyond 20.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Bob,

Aiphone makes a system called NEM-20/C that can handle this client's needs. The master station can handle up to 20 patient locations. Patient room options include pull cords for bathrooms, corded and flush mounted panic buttons, etc. Room stations can be wall, desk or ceiling mounted.

I've installed numerous Aiphone systems for years with very few problems. Their hardware seems to last longer than most others. Prices are good, though not cheap.

I sell Aiphone direct online. Here's a link to their page on the system:

formatting link
Aiphone's page doesn't mention the 20 station unit though it describes the various options. Here's a breakdown of the components required for a typical 20-station nurse call system. There's an HTML table. If it doesn't show up correctly on your browser let me know and I'll email you the component list.

2 NEM-20/C 20 CALL MASTER WITH LAMP MEMORY AND ALL CALL Specifications Instructions 4 NEW-5 DUAL MASTER ADAPTOR (1 FOR EVERY 5 STATIONS) Instructions 20 NB-L CEILING MOUNT SUB Specifications Instructions 20 NBY-1A RECEPTACLE FOR NBR-8A Instructions 20 NBR-8A HANDHELD CALL BUTTON Instructions 2 PS-2410A 24V DC, 1A POWER SUPPLY (110 VAC) Specifications 1 PS-1225UL 12V DC, 2.5A POWER SUPPLY (110 VAC) USED WITH NEW-5 Instructions

Note also that Aiphone's website still makes a big deal about using Aiphone wire. Disregard that since they no longer sell their own wire. ATW was private labelling it for them until they went belly up last year.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yep... that's one of the systems we are considering.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Options for small nurse call system. 14 pull cords. Not likely to expand beyond 20.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
mikey

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Mikey may have a good point about wireless. It certainly could be a time saver. However, many hospitals and nursing facilities try to limit RF traffic because it has the potential of interfering with patient care and diagnostic systems.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

may have a good point? you idiot. I have a good point if it's a retrofit. It's new construction, that's why I didn't continue the thread. The man knows what he's doing, butt out.

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message news:d6ydnTQn3KcT0R_ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... Mikey may have a good point about wireless. It certainly could be a time saver. However, many hospitals and nursing facilities try to limit RF traffic because it has the potential of interfering with patient care and diagnostic systems.

Reply to
mikey

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.