DSC 1555

Hello,

Can someone help me get this system going. I just moved into a house that has 1555 DSC alarm installed but no code was given. I have powered the unit off and on and tried *8 5555 and *8 1555, nothing really happen except the control beeps. How can I recover or change the installer code and get a master code set up for this unit. The trouble light and ready light is on. Using * 2 shows number 8.

Thanks for your help.

P
Reply to
pola
Loading thread data ...

The number "8" indicates a system clock trouble. This means you'll have to reset the system time. You can do this with the master code (not the installer code).

When you powered down the panel and then powered it back up did you hear a series of clicks from the small relay on the lower right side of the main board? If so, the panel's *locked* from local programming unless you know the installer's code. If there was no "clicking" then resetting the panel will involve reprogramming it from scratch. Do you have a programming manual? It explains how to default the panel and is essential in reprogramming the system afterwards.

I'd suggest giving the installing company a call and having them come out to default the installer code. It will probably cost you a service call but it will save you a few headaches. If that's not an option and you don't have the manual, email me at feolson at yoursecuritysource dot com and I'll see you get the PDF.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Check your email. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.