DSC 3000 issue

I inherited a DSC3000 without a manual. All the burglar zones are fine, except the fire/smoke detectors. I see 4 wires in the box, but they're not terminated on the terminal strip. Can anyone tell me which wires go where? There is a black, red, green and white wire. Thanks.

Reply to
rabsparks
Loading thread data ...

The panel has to have approriate zones and outputs programmed before you can attach wires and make smokes work.

Reply to
nick markowitz

you can try www.tech-man .com for manual

Reply to
nick markowitz

The 3000 has a dedicated "fire" zone. There should be a resistor across the terminals. The first thing you have to do is determine whether the wires to the smokes are good. You'll need to meter them out to ensure you have continuity on all four. You'll have to move the resistor to the "end of the line" (the last smoke detector in the loop), then terminate the wires with red and black as "+" and "-" respectively and white and green across the common and normally open relay terminals on the smoke. The resistor attaches to the green and white. The green and white wires should be terminated such that green goes to "common" between zone 1 and 2, and white on the "fire" terminal. Then connect your red and black to aux power "+" and "-". TEST YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR!!

Good luck!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

That is an old piece of gear. Maybe you might want to consider getting something that is still in current production (and maybe something not made by DSC) In any case I emailed the manual to you.

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.