4110XM wiring

Hi folks, nice group here. Back when I was working out of town and away all week my wife wanted a security system so I told her to go ahead and call someone. A while back I had some phone troubles and disconnected the wiring at the Telco interface box since, apparently, the $99 installation didn't include the RJ31X jack. Now, it's a year later and I want to reconnect the wires at the interface. When I disconnected the wires I wrote down how they were connected. But, being an old geezer and forgetful, I can't find the paper I wrote the connections on. I would like to connect this system back. Can anyone tell me how it should be connected at the interface? They just ran a phone wire from the cabinet to the interface. The reason I don't just get the RJ31X and do it properly right now is because I have more phone rewiring to do and am not sure of the final routing. Basically, all I have right now is a single phone line coming into one room utilizing the red and green wires only. Thanks, Spladge

Reply to
Spladge
Loading thread data ...

An update--I found the paper. All it says is to connect the black wire from the alarm cabinet to the green phone wire and to connect the yellow to the red. Inside the alarm cabinet they have all 4 wires connected, terminal 17(black) 18(yellow) 19(green) 20(red), but don't use red and green at the other end. When I connect the wires at the interface I still get the FC code on the control panel. Spladge

Spladge wrote:

Reply to
Spladge

First off, don't do anything with the wires connected to the alarm's terminal strip. From your post, those already appear to run to the protector (what you call the interface). If you only have one room connected, you should be able to identify the terminals (tip and ring) on the interface. The red wire is hooked to "ring". The green wire is hooked to "tip". You should have four wires in the interface that go to the alarm panel. Red, Green, Yellow, and Black. Remove the green phone wire from the terminal on the interface and connect it to the black wire from the alarm panel. Remove the red wire from the terminal on the interface and connect it to the yellow wire from the alarm panel. Connect the red wire from the alarm panel to the terminal where the red wire to the working phone was connected on the interface. Connect the gree wire from the alarm panel to the terminal where the gree wire to the working phone was connected on the interface. You should now have dial tone on your one working phone. The panel will now be able to communicate as well (although your working phone will go "dead" when it does).

To do all this properly it doesn't hurt to be a rocket scientist. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

PS... "Gree" = "Green". :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Frank, thanks a lot for the help. I connected everything like you said and got rid of my error code. It all looked familiar when I hooked it up. I was all ready to send away for my rocket scientist certificate when I realized I have another problem. The display now shows only AC and Ready, as it should. But when I go to armed (away with delay) mode, the beeper continues to beep although the "armed" indicator light comes on. It probably beeps once a second. Book says it should beep twice and then stop. I haven't done any more on it since I noted this. I decided to give it a rest and watch the race. Any clues? Sorry to keep bothering you. Thanks

Frank Ols>

Reply to
Spladge

Audible exit delay is active. This means the keypad will continue to "beep" until the exit delay expires.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Change address 27 to a 0 instead of 1

Although the audible exit feature is handy in some households....loopy wife with tons of kids, nice to know you're running out of time to exit.

| >

| > PS... "Gree" = "Green". :-) |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

also, just re-read this thread...keep in mind that since you reconnected your phone line it will be dialing the CS again...did you cancel service or not? If you did, you don't want it to still be sending signals to your old CS.

| >

| > PS... "Gree" = "Green". :-) |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Depending on the age of his 4110XM that feature may not exist, they added it later after a few revisions (I think v5 and above)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yah I didn't even remember it being there on the last one I serviced not too long ago.. so I looked in my tech files and it was there but probably a later rev.

| > Although the audible exit feature is handy in some households....loopy | wife | > with tons of kids, nice to know you're running out of time to exit. | >

| >

| >

| >

| > | >

| > | > PS... "Gree" = "Green". :-) | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Rule of thumb if you can't program user code 8 it's the older model

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.