Trinsic Really Makes a Mess of my Service

I told you here about a week ago that Prairie Stream announced they are going out of business at the end of November. I mentioned also that after a little shopping around, I decided to try 'Trinsic', another reseller of SBC/ATT service in this area. Well ... they turned me on last Wednesday, so far so good ... even though their service is a wee bit more expensive than I want, with many more bells and whistles than I need. But the one thing I _do_ need they managed to screw up! I definitly need my 'distinctive ring' line, since I have some services (toll free 800 number, fax line, and front door intercom) all ringing in on that distinctive (ring- ring) line. Trinsic also managed to lose my privacy features such as 'blocked caller-ID blocking'. I found out about these losses in my service late Saturday afternoon, and when calling into the '24 hour service' number for Trinsic was told no one would be able to help me -- or even take my call -- until Monday morning. This was after Trinsic had assured me that my entire account was being 'mirrored' over exactly from Prairie Stream.

The lady I did get to talk to Saturday afternoon told me that there were no positive assurances Southwestern Bell (after all, the ultimate boss in the whole affair) would agree to give me back my distinctive ring number 'although Trinsic would ask them for it'. Sounds to me like I got a real screwing from Trinsic, and I intend to protest it mightily on Monday morning when I can reach someone in their office who may or may not be interested in my problems.

PAT

Reply to
TELECOM Digest Editor
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.