Central STation Equipment

What equipment do you recommend for doing automatic switchovers for phone lines if a receiver dies.

What switches your main rcvr to a back up rcvr.

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

As I recall, our automation software (MAS) made the transfer via an RS-232 switch. It could be enabled manually by an operator or automatically when software sensed a problem with a receiver.

Depending upon how your receivers communicate with automation software, you could simply use an RS-232 A-B switch to transfer manually. The spare receiver can be installed completely and then turned off until you need it. Switching phone lines from one receiver to another can be done manually or automatically as well. To earn a UL listing, the spare is required to be switched in place within 30 seconds of failure.

-- Michael B. Baker, SET Michael Baker & Associates, Inc. PO Box 737 Gladstone, OR 97027-0737

503-657-8888 v 503-655-1014 f ET News(r)
formatting link
Steve wrote:
Reply to
Michael Baker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.