Caddx Ranger UDL

Anyone knows which is the software needed to dl an old Caddx Ranger 8600?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
spyros
Loading thread data ...

Check your email.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Finally the "problem" was that via team viewer i cannot operate remotely a dos software. Working directly on the pc everything is ok. Caddx dos works great. Thanks a lot dear Jim!

Reply to
spyros

software. Working directly on the pc everything is ok. Caddx dos works great. Thanks a lot dear Jim!

You are welcome.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax Email: snipped-for-privacy@tech-man.com AOL: rojas813 MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219 GoogleTalk: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Reply to
Jim Rojas

I put many of those ranger panels in the old Rentway stores they where very solid panels

Reply to
NickMark

knows which is the software needed to dl an old Caddx Ranger 8600? > > > > = Thanks in advance! I put many of those ranger panels in the old Rentway sto= res they where very solid panels

Those and the old Adcor dialers.=20

I still have one out there working. The guy just refuses to update as long = as it keeps working.=20

The beauty of it is that even though it's 4/2 format it's fast as hell.

Reply to
Jim

e knows which is the software needed to dl an old Caddx Ranger 8600? > > > =

tores they where very solid panels

g as it keeps working.=20

Sometimes, depends also on the panel, 4/2 is more reliable than cid here on= low quality pstn landlines in Greece. Pstn, Isdn are mostly reliable in G= reece but in some areas far away from the "civilization" i.e. in villages f= ar away from big cities the lines are poor of quality and the solution ther= e is to use pulse format.

Reply to
spyros

I have all my panels that can do CID doing so and if they can not do CID ha= ve them on 4/2 and I have not had problems on Verizon, Consolidated, Front= ier, Comcast, Armstrong, Time Warner etc. Digital phone service . They have switched most land lines on Verizon to IP switching at central o= ffice so I still have a hard line into home but it is VoIP switched and i= t works during a power outage and is not dependent on battery like there F= IOS service which is very solid but needs powered by a battery.

Reply to
NickMark

knows which is the software needed to dl an old Caddx Ranger 8600? > > > > = Thanks in advance! I have all my panels that can do CID doing so and if the= y can not do CID have them on 4/2 and I have not had problems on Verizon, C= onsolidated, Frontier, Comcast, Armstrong, Time Warner etc. Digital phone s= ervice . They have switched most land lines on Verizon to IP switching at c= entral office so I still have a hard line into home but it is VoIP switched= and it works during a power outage and is not dependent on battery like th= ere FIOS service which is very solid but needs powered by a battery.

I'm having a problem in my area.

When clients switch to Fios I have to go and reprogram the communicators to= 10 digit dialing.=20

To save some time in case they switched to Fios in the future, while I was = doing a service call to cable VoIP accounts, I started to program them with= ten digit dialing also. I tested it and it worked. Then as I kept doing it= , I discovered that some of the cable VoIP accounts work with ten digit dia= ling and some won't. I haven't persued it with the cable company because I = don't think I'd be able to find anyone who'd actualy know what I was talkin= g about. But the only thing I can think of is that the difference is in the= modem. Some will take ten digit dialing and some wont.

So I've stopped trying to program the cable VoIP clients for ten digit beca= use I figured that if I test it and it doesn't work I have to change it bac= k and I've wasted my time. And, what if they have a modem problem in the fu= tureand the new modem doesn't do ten digit. Can't win.

Reply to
Jim

We split 412 area code and added 724 in Pittsburgh about 10 years ago so its all 10 digit dialing here

Reply to
NickMark

a dos software. Working directly on the pc everything is ok. Caddx dos work= s great. Thanks a lot dear Jim!

When using Teamviewer, set up any DOS programs on the remote computer to op= en in a window, rather than full screen. I use a desktop folder with shortc= uts to the various programs, all with the properties set this way. When usi= ng the PC onsite, I use the normal shortcuts to open the programs and get f= ullscreen, but with Teamviewer, I use the shortcuts in the folder.

Reply to
gra.mckenzie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.