Caddx NX series users

Does anyone knows if we can create a time controlled user on Caddx NX8? Thanks in advance :)

Reply to
spyros
Loading thread data ...

Hi Spyros,

The quick answer is NO.

The longer answer is NO to a code only access user.

But, if you had a NX-1700e Card/Fob Reader on the system to activate an Electric Strike and had it programmed by a Open Schedule then it might/would be possible to limit access through the entry door by ALL USERS.

Then I would think if you gave a certain individual(s) a Card/Fob and NOT a Key then that individual(s) could be limited to gain access to the building in order to enter their code to disarm the building.

Meaning that all other users would have access

24/7 and not be restricted.

Then again having to prove my above theory correct might be the bigger challenge. If it proves to work.....yea!! If not, then you didn't hear it for me.......... :-)

It would seem to be a bit of a pain to set up. Would it be worth the time and expense?? Not to mention the challenge of acquiring a NX-1700e and NX-1706 fobs.

Depending on your precise need I would suggest a true Access Control System to limit users to a specific time schedule.

Good Luck

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Thank you for the reply dear Les,

i have NX1750 reader on the setup and the fobs arm and disarm the system. I use it for arm/disarm and not for door strike.

What my client need is to limit the access of the cleaner at certain time. I think that the only option is to make an arm/disarm time control through the alarm receiving center...

???? ???????, 6 ? ?????????? 2020 ?? ?? 3:26:22 ?.?. UTC+2, ? ???? ??? ABLE1 ??????:

Thanks in advance :)

Reply to
spyros

Hi Spyros,

Interesting!! Never saw the NX1750 before. I assume it is a European Fob Reader version. I don't know but maybe in the programming it will allow a time schedule for individual cards??

If it does your problem is solved. If not then it is back to your "only option".

And by your "only option" you are going to have the Central Station respond with an alarm procedure if the system is disarmed outside the closed schedule??

I would think that doing that it would apply to all users including the owner.

I hope you have a back door on that plan with the owner.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

NX1750 it's an indoor only keyfob reader for door control and arm/disarm features.. I'll check it out but i think i didn't saw something in the manual.

The Alarm Receiving Center will respond to all users.. i must check out at the monitoring software if i can programm a specific user only to respond in disarm..

Reply to
spyros

We had user interface for certain items at the CS including entering users, entering schedules, and entering contacts. We could set what level of access the master user had at the CS. Some just had access to report log. Those with more access often were running more advanced and complex systems with on-site management interface as well.

We also could setup automated and structured text message and/or email notifications. There are many solutions.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.