Happy Thanksgiving

Haven't heard from anyone lately so I thought I'd break the ice and wish every one a Happy Thanksgiving.

I guess aside from still being alive in todays "climate" we can all be thankful for the mundane things that we all took for granted from birth till now.

Have a peaceful holiday. Hope you are all just taking it easy and try to reflect on all the good things around you.

Peace Jim

Reply to
alarminex
Loading thread data ...

Thanks Jim,

For here we will be most likely be eating leftovers out of the fridge. Not a big deal, it will be peaceful.

I have a phone systems that need set up a functional for install. As well as Conference Room Phone for a customer. Between that and yard work I should get through the day.

As for "today's climate".................. we will have to take it one day at a time. No easy way to fix it, and running scared won't work either.

I have decided to more anti social. It seems to work best at the time.

Have a peaceful holiday and be safe.

As for the others here, the above applies as well. :-)

Be good all!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I'm thankful for you guys. I am self taught for a lot of things, but the help of colleagues is always useful.

I'm thankful for people who make me smile about little things. The other day I posted a picture of a tool & cutter grinder I picked up recently and a small forge my son and I were playing with to pound out our first blacksmith project. (We beat perfectly good round bar into a trinket of questionable value.) I was pretty happy spending the day taking turns with the hammer with my son, but a comment from a fellow tackle maker in the Makers & Builders group really made me smile. He said, "If I was in you shop I'd be running around like Smeggle saying :Oh my precious to every machine in there." It really made me appreciate every tool I have.

Today we made a stump for my little 70lb anvil. Living in the desert big old chuncks of tree trunk for anvil stumps aren't laying around everywhere. We cut and planed the 2x12s that were laying out back of my shop. The ones I rejected when I put the ceiling/upper floor on my office. Now I have a giant glue/lam a little less than 2 feet long. My son and I spent a large part of the morning and bif of the afternoon flattening boards and gluing them back into a tree trunk. Probably an inadequate one for a real anvil, but the 70lb Russian anvil will work fine on it... when we finish it. We ran out of glue.

Days like today I am really thankful for every little thing, and it doesn't really matter that its Thanksgiving day.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

{with modification} :-)

Bob,

Let me be the first to say; Good job telling a great story, Bob!!!

Thanks!!

May all your days be as special!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.