Bushisms

"I don't particularly like it when people put words in my mouth, either, by the way, unless I say it."

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

And to think he made higher scores at Harvard than Kerry did.

Reply to
Just Looking

Ah....that would be Yale where both Bush and Kerry graduated. Kerry had a

76 average over his four years at Yale. Bush did a little better, but was not exactly an academic standout. Both Bush and Kerry belonged to the elite secret society Skull & Bones while at Yale.

Bush went on to Harvard where he obtained a masters degree from the prestigious Harvard Business School. Kerry did not attend Harvard.

Kerry has a law degree from Boston College and worked as a prosecutor for the state of Massachusetts.

What degrees do you have Mr. Bass? Other than Fahrenheit and Centigrade?

Reply to
Edmund Fitzgerald

I heard the cops gave him the third degree a few times. RW

Reply to
allucan8

Like I said, Bush got better marks than Kerry at Harvard.

Kelvin?

Reply to
Just Looking

:)

Reply to
Edmund Fitzgerald

We hate to pick on Georgie any more, but sometimes, it's just so easy.

Tuesday night, Keith Olbermann (of Countdown, on MSNBC) showed a video clip of President Bush during his visit to the Israeli-Palestinian conference. Flanked by the prime minister of Israel, Ehud Olmert, and the president of Palestine, Mahmoud Abbas, President Bush attempted to thank each of them by name.

Even though Bush is the leader of the free world and the highest-ranking elected official of our nation, he butchered the pronunciation of not one (which would have been embarrassing enough), but both of their names.

Now, we understand that these are not traditional English names, such as George or Jeb, but come on. The President's entourage surely includes at least one, if not many, trained professionals who are highly paid to make sure he is ready for this kind of thing. Heads up, White House speechwriter: Perhaps phonetic spelling is the best way to go.

When the President was done with his speech, all three men shook hands, and as with any good photo op, you vitally need a cliché, shaking-hands photo. Unfortunately, bless his heart, Bush could not even get this right.

After he shook hands with both men, and then Abbas and Olmert shook, and then they all shook again, Prime Minister Olmert audibly whispered to President Bush that they needed to move out from behind the podium.

Just as a refreshing reminder, only 340 days remain until the 2008 presidential election. Please hold the applause. media.www.themuleskinner.com

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yeah, I know what you mean. It is getting old isn't it? OK (sigh) tell me about Georgie.

KEITH OLBERMANN?? Is he still on the air? They say that on any given day, about eight people watch that network. I guess you must be one of them. AH HA HA HA

showed a

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
Roger W

about eight people watch that network. I guess you >must be one of them. AH HA HA HA

Keith just heads over to Bass' place every night to do the show. Bass posts the highlights here at ASA. That's the whole audience in a "nutshell".

Yeah, I know what you mean. It is getting old isn't it? OK (sigh) tell me about Georgie.

KEITH OLBERMANN?? Is he still on the air? They say that on any given day, about eight people watch that network. I guess you must be one of them. AH HA HA HA

showed a

Reply to
Just Looking

That explains it. The last time I saw that show, Olbermann looked a little "Chunky". Must be those triple decker "bassburgers"

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>- Hide quoted text -

Reply to
Roger W

As usual, your lack of knowledge is more than evident:

Mr. Olbermann's "special comments" -- more than 20 in the last 12 months, and nearly all of them first-person editorials that find some fault with the administration -- have helped increase the ratings of his program by 33 percent in just the last year, to about 773,000 viewers a night, according to Nielsen. With those ratings, Mr. Olbermann's program surpassed "Paula Zahn Now" on CNN, which was canceled last summer.

-- "NYT Media Mail & Advertising"

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Ha ha ha ha ha. 773,000 ? That's small potatoes compared to Fox News. You're comparing two low rated cable networks. In the grand scheme of things 773,000 is nothing.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
Roger W

Wow better than Paula Zahn Now!

Actually thats not saying much, in his 8PM slot on the 19th O'Reilly had

2.384 million viewers while truther Oby was at 667,000

formatting link

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's smaller than Fox's opinion show (which IIRC usually runs about

2,250,000) but it's still one of the most popular shows at that hour. You might want to look at Nielsen ratings to get a better perspective. In any case, the gentleman is a well-known author and political analyst. That you had no idea who he is says more about you than him.
Reply to
Robert L Bass

he's a sports commentator trying to go legit. but alas he's a numbnut like u. n*****ts of a feather flock together. :)

Reply to
sockozy

Reply to
Just Looking

His ratings surpassed a program that was cancelled last summer? Now that's a real power move. :)

He's not exactly shooting lightning bolts though the entertainment/news world is he.

Reply to
Edmund Fitzgerald

People who say stupid stuff like this

formatting link
tend to stay rather low in ratings, except of course with the moonbats

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.