Bosh VoIP device

Just saw in Security Sales and Integration magazine that Bosh has a new VoIP interface device that promises to allow conventional alarm panels to communicate over the Internet in all the standard formats. Following is the link, and I'd be interested to know if anyone knows firsthand about this device, including it's wholesale cost to dealers.

Might be what we need to crack this VoIP issue....or not...

formatting link

RHC

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell
Loading thread data ...

Sorry, below is the proper link to this device...

formatting link
RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Too many things can go wrong between the alarm control panel and this "interceptor", and between the "interceptor" and the LAN. Personally, I prefer wireless radio.

I rather see they design a universal communicator that connects to keybus/serial port of any alarm control panel and "interpret" the keybus/serial port data, such has the T-Link from DSC.

Reply to
A.J.

Keybus data is not even close to standardized.

The Telguard TG-100, 200 etc have IMO a much better solution. They work with any panel that will send CID. Also with some pulse formats I think, but I set all mine for CID.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob,

What do you think of Telular's new Digital Telguard radios???

Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Has anyone had experience using a Cellemetry radio to monitor a GE Allgro set to CID?

-diver

Reply to
diver

Alarm.com might be the ticket. If you're in the coverage area. Uses 2 way pager network. lots of features. about same price as cellular.

Reply to
Chub

or not....

Reply to
Bob Worthy

That is NOT a VOIP interface. It IS a capture board for CID, 4/2 and Modem format to transmit via the internet to a Radionics 6600 reciever and internet interface

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Alarm.com won't work with the Allegro

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Lou

One of the few disadvantages of Alarm.com is it uses a pager network and will not have the same coverage, in other words if you live outside of a medium to large city you are out of luck

Very nice backup solution tho

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I read on the alarm.com website

formatting link
- surprise...) that the pager network they use covers 85-90% of the population (they say cities and 1st, 2nd, 3rd ring suburbs, but not farmland/rural) and i've heard that they're releasing a GSM solution soon that will cover more. As far as I know the only cell backups today that cover the really rural/outlying areas are using analog AMPS which is being shut down in

2008. GSM and pager are probably the best long term solutions for good coverage and reliability.
Reply to
Lou

Alarm.com uses two pager networks and you can go to those homepages and view individual city coverage. At the moment I don't have those pages handy but will post later with the url's

If you are out in the country you are SOL for coverage and AMPS is NOT being shut down in 2008, it is up to the providers if they choose to carry the service and alarm systems are only a very small part of the traffic

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Bob, I priced those about 9 months ago: the Bosch dealer I talked to gave me a price of $420/unit, for 65 units. I know that is not the wholesale price to a dealer, but it may give you an idea....

Rick C.

Reply to
ranger

Ouch ! This is out of tolerance range for most residential alarm consumers unfortunately ! I understand from some of the following posts that this may not be the best of these kind of units either.

For the moment, I'm going to stick with Uplink backup, although I'm a little concerned about the phase out of analog units starting 2008. I spoke to Uplink about it, and as always, they were upfront and honest with their answers.

Thanks for the comeback

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

They are pricey, but not *that* expensive, Bob. I sell them for $295. apiece in any quantity.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

we gots to set up an AES wireless network here, I tells ya Bob,

Reply to
mikey

Better price those AES radios before you get too excited. Remember, they're all two-way radios, so they ain't cheap.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.