Bell South From Protection One

I recently resigned from Bell South from Protection One. The name, itself, even sounds like confusion. My background has been in sales, and I was hired as a sales consultant for this company. I worked in the Pompano, or Coconut Creek branch. Some of the more startling issues they had, and caused me to leave are hardly ever discussed in public.

My #1 issue is not getting paid for agreements signed and delivered to the office. I was hired in August, and have sold security systems before. I was a resi resale rep, and small business rep in the West Palm Beach Office for ADT, so I do have something to compare my experiences to.

Bell South (from Protection One) requires a tremendous amount of paperwork from you and the prospect/customer. Just like with any company, it must be filled out correctly and without major mistakes. I am pretty good with paperwork, considering my experience at ADT, and for many years as a terminal manager-dispatcher with several major trucking companies.

Hell South, from Protection One (my new nickname for them) had nearly

20 sales turned in by me, and either flew them back at me, or procrastinated to the point that now, after Hurricane Wilma flew through here, there are probably at least 5 that will most likely cancel.

Hell South, from Protection One has it in their sales hiring prospectus, that they will pay you even after you leave, for any jobs installed UP TO 30 DAYS after you leave. Most of mine will probably get done, since they now have had 2 extra months to get them installed. My feelings are that Protection One has "built in" to their business model, the FACTOR that xxxx amount of sales people will quit before the

4 months that it takes to get your weekly paycheck into their butt dragging pipeline, so that you get a decent weekly check. I averaged $250.00 or less a week since August, and I figure they owe me nearly 2k right now. It would have been more but they "choked" me out of some tangible sales by dragging.

I think their plan figures that if they install after these salespeople quit, and they get installed after 30 days from the termination date, then Hell South will make $$$$ extra money by not paying those commissions. I seriously think it's built into their model. They are THAT cheap. I highly recommend everyone to stay away from working for them, and that includes installers.

Reply to
Sonicduck
Loading thread data ...

I am in Coral Springs. E-mail me.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Ok Bob...e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

It looks like you run your own business....and I will gladly discuss some of the inner workings at Hell South. They sure didn't do me any favors. I have several jobs lined up if I want them. Proline Security interviewed me a month or two ago, the owner seems genuine and nice...not to mention he's from Texas, and I'm from Virginia originally, so we speak sort of the same language. He is a Monotronics Dealer.

I have sold cars before too, and have an offer on the table to sell Hurricane Shutters, Screen Porches, and Glass Additions. It is a local, but growing company with a great background. I might just have to take them up on that one. The car dealership is in a new building and opening in a month or so.

There is a lot we could discuss here, and it is still very interesting to me. I am not the biggest geek in the world, but I am fairly knowlegable.

Chris

Reply to
Sonicduck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.