Bell South Security from Protection One and ADT feuding??

One of the last sales meetings, it was discussed that Bell South Security from Protection One would no longer takeover DSC systems due to unavailability of parts.

It seems that TYCO decided to stop supplying parts to Bell South from Protection One, or imply Protection One.

Does anyone realize what a pain in the butt it was to have to say "I work for Bell South Security FROM Protection One".

If just saying that long a** name doesn't set off enough warning bells, I don't know what does. If the customer was really on the "ups", they would say something like,"I heard that your company was in bankruptcy", or "Do you REALLY work for Bell South, or Protection One?".

I just told them I never saw a paystub since my skimpy as*ed checks were direct deposited. I told them I worked for "Bell South Security". The truth is I really wasn't sure. I mean if I really worked for Bell South Security, then I feel we should have gotten Bell South discounts. We didn't even get a discount on our Bell South land lines in the house. The office had a sales area and only 3 phones at 3 desks out about 10 worked. The regional (Ted..and what an idiot he was....no one really liked him) wouldn't fix the phones, but we would have "call night" when my first manager was in charge. We didn't get any discount for using Cingular either. When I worked at ADT, we did get a corporate discount for Cingular and Verizon, and just about any other cell company we wanted to use. The Bell South package didn't include in ANY of their corporate plans. Instead, we were treated like "red headed step children" of Bell South/Protection One. Now, Protection One went way out of their way to give huge discounts to Bell South corporate employees.

I also remember seeing that Bell South acquired along with SBC Communications, a chunk of AT&T Wireless to merge it with their already owned Cingular Wireless. Well, you would think that Bell South would want to promote their own security company with some visability suck as stickers on their windows. What you get instead is stickers on their doors and windows saying "Protected by ADT".

I guess what you see at Bell South Security is NOT exactly what you get from them. They are like magicians using sleight of hand to fool everyone into believing they REALLY are Bell South. I heard the new sales manager in Coconut Creek is sorry he took the job. He was told it was his department to run anyway he wanted, but now he is finding out he is suffocated by Ted, and MADE to do everything HIS way. That is my personal opinion about why my first sales manager resigned from his position. Ted and him were at odds all the time.

Bell South Security from Hocus Pocus....right up yer old gazoot shoot....

yessssiiiirrrrr...they'll make you blink tryin' to figger them out....

Reply to
Sonicduck
Loading thread data ...

Go peddle storm shutters. Yer not an alarm sales rep. anymore. Let it go.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Stanley...

Go peddle storm shutters. Yer not an alarm sales rep. anymore. Let it go.

******************************************************************************************

You forgot screen pool and porch enclosures....heck i quoted one for $80,000 today, and another for $60,000. They both were double deckers with a lot of square footage.

If only one of those comes through, it will be more than I would have made in a month at ADT or Bell South.

I've got some more stuff sold in the am but I have to be at the PGA neighborhood at 7:30. Contract drawn up, and all I need is money and a signature. Done deal.

Our worst performing rep besides newby me, had done terrible until last month. Last month he blew everybody away and made more than I would have made in a YEAR at ADT. Can't wait until it's MY month to rule, which should be soon.

Reply to
Sonicduck

Good boy. Now go outside and play. Far away.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Stanley....

I am starting to like you....but not too much.....

just enough to hang around and get to know you a little better...

;-)

Reply to
Sonicduck

Spoken like the troll that you are.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

The longer you hang around, the better we get to know you too. Watch out Stanley, you've got an admirer. Sound like the duck might be batting from the other side of the plate.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.