ARE YOU REALLY BEING MONITORED? READ THIS

MAStermind is also used by sales, especially Commercial.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle
Loading thread data ...

You're such a dumbass. 99% of the guys in here are independent alarm guys, not affiliated with any of the Natinal companies in any way. If an ADT Dealer came in here, we'd run his ass off, just like we're getting ready to run you off. These ASA guys treat their customers like they should be treated, and have the expertise and morality to back it up. These guys are licensed, bonded professionals who, in most places, are required to do background checks, and hire only experienced, talented technicians, unlike the "big" companies with their high turnover and (look in mirror now) stupid-ass know-it-all punk kids peddling shit they have no clue about.

That is my opinion.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

He sounds like Paul's brother doncha think?...only on a different rant...same wavelength though.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

IQ is relative, methinks... ;-)

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

To: JSloud

You said,"...First of all, ADT does not have humans dialing into alarm control panels to check their status. The systems perform a timer test by dialing the central station. If the central station does not receive this timer test, a service ticket is automatically created to resolve the issue. No humans involved. Fire code requires commercial fire systems send a timer test once per 24 hour period. So, everyone of ADT's thousands of fire alarm systems sends a test signal every day to ensure the system is being monitored. Other systems can be prgrammed to do the same, or the timer test can be done more infrequently, like once a month. All other reputable companies operate the same way.

Other systems use a constantly supervised line to ensure communication with the central station is not interrupted. This is commonly done three different ways: leased lines, supervised long range radio, and internet-based monitoring.

My response: First of all, I never said a human "dials into a system". The human is the one sending a notification of failure, or making the phone call.

2nd: You only mentioned commercial fire alarms, and the requirement to conduct a timer test. What about the residential alarms? Why did you purposely omit that little tidbit of information.

3rd: A Brinks salesman once told a prospect that I was visiting that they did not need a cell backup. The customer asked him why. His response was, "because we willknow the moment your lines are cut or your system is offline. I asked him if we could conduct a little test. I took him to the panel, disconnected the phone line from the panel, and went back to my presentation. Ten minutes passed, and no call. 20 minutes passed and no call. The 30 minues and finally before wrapping up the sale (and I did sell it), I told the customer that what I had done was disconnect the phone line, which was the same as a burgular cutting the lines. I told the customer that if the Brinks salesman was correct, then they should have gotten a phone call within a minute of the line being disconnected. I also told the customer that in that half hour, The whole house could have been ransacked, and they could have been hurt. They saw the light, and the lie. But, I don;t know anything, huh? right? You are trying to discredit me before I even get established here. Good luck. I have enough dealer and small crappy dealer information to go around many times over. I can also pick on the Nationals. It's your choice. If you keep running your mouth, I will keep running mine directed at jerk offs like you who think they are so damn smart.

Reply to
Sonicduck

Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms From: Devin Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:13:14 -0600 Local: Thurs, Nov 17 2005 8:13 pm

Well thats why we use a daily test signal from all our panels. If the station doesnt get the test signal every night, we get a fax in the morning saying which account didn't test.It costs us nothing to do,And the customer is called by 10am that morning.

Why do a monthly "ping test" so to speak when almost all panels can do a daily test.

Who does the monitoring for you Devin? Are you like MOST subcontractors and subcontract the monitoring out to someone else? Does your monitoring company have a Central Station backup?

Reply to
Sonicduck

Did he really sigh or was just breathing out?

I gotta know

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It could also be that is how he was trained. Monkey see monkey do. He said they used monkeys didn't he? It may also be the policy where he has worked that they don't want test signals. I have had may monitoring firms tell me to make sure panels didn't send test signals cause they didn't want to be bothered with them. Thats a bad policy but it is somewhat common.

Reply to
<thesatguy1

Listen hear you little punk, I've fired people three levels above your job at ADT. I post here because I want the perspective of these independent dealers. You're to green to understand this, but this industry is dominated by small dealeras. ADT is bigger than the next

100 companies, but they have less than 10% of the overall security market. Come back when you clear $100K a year in this business for ten years and then you'll earn the right to run your mouth to me. Until then, shut up and go away. Nobody here needs your misinformation and childish opinions.
Reply to
J. Sloud

'fraid so but most of your stuff is really good, so we let it slide ehhh?

Reply to
mikey

Central Stations might have an auto-dialer testing their own Receiver llines. Maybe you misheard the information you are giving?

Let's just pretend you were correct about the C/S calling your customers panel to verify it was still there... How does the customers panel know it's the Central Station calling? How many rings does it answer after? What does the customer hear during this "incoming call"? Wouldn't the customer hear their phone ring every day, possibly at 2am while sleeping, and get a little irritated? If you're going to stick with your story, you are going to need to provide some details.

There are no "requirements" for residential. I've seen mostly weekly tests on residential accounts.

Did you unplug the alarm from the RJ jack? That's not like cutting the line, that's just eliminating the alarm panel from the line. There's a difference.

If they "saw the light" then it must have been you Wacking them on the head. Obviously if you had the phone line unplugged, and if it WAS supervised the way the Brinks guy said (which it's not), then they would have realized that the C/S couldn't call them to tell them the phone line was out because THE PHONE LINE WAS UNPLUGGED!

You sound more and more like an un-informed SALES person and really shouldn't be posting in a TECHNICAL forum. Any non-professionals who are looking for useful information should regard your post as a slimy sales tactic.

My apologies to those seeking knowledge. That is not it.

Reply to
Joe Lucia

Local phone calls cost nothing. And any long distance is always done on

800 numbers. Station software logs the test signals if they are recieved and if they are not recieved they generate the work order.
Reply to
Devin

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA are you kidding?

Reply to
mikey

bother to tell their prospects, is by an "electronic bullet". The electronic signal is sent from the monotoring center and "dials into" each customer home, and waits for a signal telling it that everything is working ok...

That's not correct, friend. Most alarm companies either don't check at all or rely on an automatic test signal being sent daily or (more commonly) weekly from the alarm control panel to the central station.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

The SurGard System III does that, Westinghouse also used to do that via software

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Dealers at contract centrals using their own 800 lines should probably test their own lines, given that the CS monitors the receiver line for dial tone and possibly periodically tests the incoming local line, a problem with the dealers 800 lines would go unnoticed until timer tests or other missed signals started accruing. If the local line at the receiver went down the CS would probably be aware of it in fairly short order, but if a smaller dealers 800 service was interupted it could take much longer for any one to notice.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

The signals were that infrequent that they'd have to test the receiver? I thought those things were quite simply constantly on the go, receiving and kicking it in to a call director or some such to next available Op, that sort of thing

Reply to
mikey

J (for jerk off probably...if he can still get it up...of course with that little thing, you probably can't get it through the hairs anyways) Sloud...said this very intelligently of course...

"...Listen hear you little punk, I've fired people three levels above your job at ADT. I post here because I want the perspective of these independent dealers. You're to green to understand this, but this industry is dominated by small dealeras. ..."

Bell South from Protection One GOT RID of the dealer program. ADT Corporate (big differnce between corporate ADT and the real thing) and their new and resale managers HATE independent dealers. They look at them as if they are scum, and they MOSTLY are. They do not have to provide the same things you chimps do. UUUUUHHHHH, Uuuhhhhhhuuuuu, (monkey for eat sh**).

Scratch under your arms and pull your finger out of your butt all you want. Just because you say it don't make it true either. I have found here on this boardlet, all of you rip off indy's lie and deceive, which is just what I and the smart consumers would have figured.

Reply to
Sonicduck

You are jumping to conclusions....as most of the chimps here have...bare with me as I have with you...and my patience for insidious comments is wearing thin...you said,"

Joe Lucia

Local: Fri, Nov 18 2005 10:02 pm Subject: Re: ARE YOU REALLY BE> To: JSloud

Central Stations might have an auto-dialer testing their own Receiver llines. Maybe you misheard the information you are giving?

Answer: "possibly...but not likely...what i hear is what i heard. Maybe the tech's or mypreferred name for imbeciles like you = trogladites. Maybe THEY had been informed wrong or misunderstood THEIR training, and that is why a lot of systems are not functioning online, even though the customer is paying right now, even as we speak."

Let's just pretend you were correct about the C/S calling your customers panel to verify it was still there... How does the customers panel know it's the Central Station calling? How many rings does it answer after? What does the customer hear during this "incoming call"? Wouldn't the customer hear their phone ring every day, possibly at 2am while sleeping, and get a little irritated? If you're going to stick with your story, you are going to need to provide some details.

answer: "the customers HAVE told me they do hear an occasional half ring, or a real quick ring and pickup every so often. This ring COULD be the test. They have also reported talking on the phone, and the line is taken over by a series of beeps and crap like that. To a trogladite, that should mean they MAY be getting anincoming test."

There are no "requirements" for residential. I've seen mostly weekly tests on residential accounts.

answer: "my point entirely...there are NO requirments for testing the alarms. There for, you may NOT be getting what you are paying for. Period! I know some that weren't online even though they thought they were. You just proved my point.

Did you unplug the alarm from the RJ jack? That's not like cutting the line, that's just eliminating the alarm panel from the line. There's a difference.

answer: In any case, are you disputing the need for cellular backup? That is the point. The Brinks salesman (he was a trogladite too) told them they could receive an alarm signal EVEN if the lines where cut. He lied. Plain and simple.

If they "saw the light" then it must have been you Wacking them on the head. Obviously if you had the phone line unplugged, and if it WAS supervised the way the Brinks guy said (which it's not), then they would have realized that the C/S couldn't call them to tell them the phone line was out because THE PHONE LINE WAS UNPLUGGED!

answer: "You just proved you ARE a TROGLADITE. The Monitoring Center should have still been able to call the customer. I know from being a salesrep, and you being ignorant, that we always had to have at least two (not always, but most of the time at least two) emergency contacts. We always had toget their home, work, and CELLULAR phone numbers. If you are so damn smart, and I have more faith in the Central Monitoring Center's ability to read the emergency contacts, why could THEY have called the cell phone numbers for the emergency contacts.

Quit wasting OUR time with your stupidity.

You sound more and more like an un-informed SALES person and really shouldn't be posting in a TECHNICAL forum. Any non-professionals who are looking for useful information should regard your post as a slimy sales tactic.

answer: I have proved through very thorough and knowlegable information, that YOU ARE A TROGLADITE. Happy Thanksgiving. My guess is that you are 48% body fat. Am I right? The other 52% is stupidity. The overall effect is that you are a TROGLADITE.

My apologies to those seeking knowledge. That is not it.

Reply to
Sonicduck

Re: ADT being larger than the next 100 companies Subtract the accounts added through the acquisitions of Holmes, SecurityLink, WellsFargo/Pony Express, AlarmGuard, Rollins, plus the other companies ADT has purchased and those bragging rights about being larger than the next 100 companies combined go to the wayside. Figure in attrition and ADT MIGHT monitor somewhere in the neighborhood of

1,500,000 of it's own installs (including dealers).

J. Sloud wrote:

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.