AlarmNet A 7720ULF

Anyone know how to unlock this? It was abandoned 3-4 years ago (orig installer out of biz), still sends sigs to dead account, so I know it works but we gotta switch it to another account number and line card on diff receiver.

Possible?

Rob.

Reply to
Crash
Loading thread data ...

You need the 7720P program tool and there's no password unless its being used to split the programming which most company's never did. Should be able to just plug in programmer and go. remember needs to go central that uses alarmnet

Reply to
nick markowitz

I have the 7720P and it's asking for passwords, so it's locked. Ademco will unlock it but that may take 3-4 weeks, which is not good for a commercial fire account. Who freekin' locks a commercial fire panel anyway? Sheesh, in 25 years of doing business here I'd never even heard of these guys anyway.

And yes, CS is AlarmNet capable.

Sheet.

Reply to
Crash

sounds like a mess.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Yeah, theres a place to put in a pass word but nobody that I know of ever does it.

Don't you have a spare "other" radio that you could use temporarily until it comes back for Alarmnet? And I bet if you pushed it, they'd get it back to you a lot quicker ..... like a few days. Send it out FedEx, track it, Call Receiving when it arrives and ask them who it goes to and ask for a manager in that department and just follow it right through the system and back to you FedEx. Call them a few times every day tell them you're being fined every day it's not up and running and they'll do anything to get rid of you. Just act a little hysterical.

But ..... on the other hand, if you do that, they just might think you're from New York. ;-)

Reply to
Jim

You might consider something newer, if that's using AlarmNet-M the provider has reduced coverage in some areas recently

Reply to
mleuck

... or Yuma.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.