Monitoring Peevs

We are a Wholesale Monitoring Center for the Dealers. We write our own software for Everything we do.

I'm wondering what you all like and dislike about your current Monitoring Center's capabilities in regards to working with the Dealer.

Do you have good remote access via Web? What information would you like to have that you don't have access to? Are there services you'd like to use like Online Work Orders, Retail Billing Services, Customer Access, SMS/Text Messaging (real-time notifications), Personal Reminders, Caller ID Info, detailed info on cell phone to pass Fire Inspections without calling the C/S or AlarmNet, etc.

In other words, what can the Monitoring Center do to make the Dealers/Technicians life more efficient and productive. What does your Monitoring Center do that makes your interaction with them real slick, or what Could they do?

Please Help me make my software better so you'll want to use it ;)

This is your chance to post your wish-lists to someone who will actually listen and implement features based on what You want, not what the Monitoring Center thinks you should have.

Thanks for any input.

Reply to
Joe Lucia
Loading thread data ...

I'm more interested in bullet proof procedures in response to signals from my panels than bells and whistles. Build in checks and balances, train operators and pay them a decent wage.. Fuck the software gates pretty colours bullshit!

Reply to
mikey

I want a reminder to be able to be set in billing so I don't forget to bill yearly clients that we have on anniversary billing cycles...I always forget to bill those guys!

...pretty happy with my cs, except for some nutjob that does the programming there.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I used to have the same trouble. I just set up a recurring appointment in Outlook to remind me on the first of the month. js

Reply to
alarman

10-4 js
Reply to
alarman

problem is i forget. since i run my billing against cs account reports it be better to have it in there.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I agree totally with mickey . I know when i out my head on the pillow at night procedure is followed and if there is a problem i get a call no matter the hour so a signal that might be ignored and might be something significant is not. thats were downloading makes it nicei can always snoop in and find out whats going on in a system when it throws a strabge code istead of the signal being ignored.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

ahah, been at it awhile have you Nick? :-) yep, downloading, event buffers and callerID are a godsend, I also keep a database of all significant signals going back on some accounts almost 20 years. That and a service history are crucial and can make troubleshooting and calls to the client easier and more professional. I also use the second receiver slot in panels to send everything but alarm signals to the service pager so I can keep an eye on maintenance myself. Bit of a drag with a massive power outage though :-) I also start every morning checking a report from the station showing all the previous day's signals too. I have to something to justify that outrageous monitoring fee that nobody wants to pay ;-)

Reply to
mikey

Good idea, it's on my list.

Reply to
Joe L

Since we added Caller ID to our T1's it's amazing what we've been able to do with it. If a signal comes from a phone number the alarm panel doesn't normally call from, it alerts the operator of a possible bogus signal, and if the caller # is in our database it lets them know what account the signal probably Really came from. You can also setup an account to reject signals based on Format (how many times have you gotten called about a 4x2 signal on a Contact ID account, or visa-versa). We've had old accounts come online from 10 years ago and start reporting on an account that got re-used, but was reporting a different format. Originally we created the procedures to ignore by format, now we can divert incoming calls (based on callerid) to a busy signal if we don't calls from the old account (caller hears busy signal, we don't pay for the 800 call).

Reply to
Joe L

That's a given. We have processes watching every other process with text-messaging notification to me and my co-programmer if something isn't doing as expected.

My dealer interface doesn't have pretty colors (no thought whatsoever went into planning a color scheme for our web site, other then "hey, gray is a nice color to work around"). We've developed functionality, not a pretty marketing tool.

I've heard time and again by new operators coming to work for us from other local monitoring centers how nice our software is to work with. I work with the operators every day to make sure things are going smoothly and asking for suggestions and comments to help things run more smoothly for them.

I don't know what we pay them though ;)

Reply to
Joe L

I'm chock full of time saving ideas :-) I still think the Zone page should default to Zone not Codes though.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The tab you were Last On will be the one that gets focus when you go back there. I.e. If you were on the Zone tab under Zones/Codes, then close that account or move to another tab (like Messages or Call List), then go back to the Zones/Codes tab, it should remember that you were on Zones last and focus there. If you leave the page while focused on the Codes tab, then you will see the Codes tab by default next time you go to the Zones/Codes tab.

We've had this request before so without specifically allow>I'm chock full of time saving ideas :-)

Reply to
Joe Lucia

I tend to get a little emotional, Joe. Sounds like you're on the right track.

Reply to
mikey

That was fast.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Check out the Retail Billing Report on the Dealer Main Menu. It's not an automatic "Reminder" but it shows you who's ready to be billed. If you look at it once a month you should know exactly who's ready to be billed for the next month/quarter/year/etc.

Does that help? Or would you still like to get a rem>problem is i forget. since i run my billing against cs account reports it be

Reply to
Joe Lucia

Yah thats good- its all i really need...I can set one of the other reminders to look at the report ! :-)

Not showing me quarterlies though - but then again since my quarterlies are always brought to the nearest standard quarter no report or reminders are necessary for them.

tnx.

| >

| >

| >

| >

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Joe Lucia

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.