Alarm beeping every 30 secs?

My alarm is now beeping or churping like every 30 secs in the hallway of my house. I don't have actual service with any company. It was fine since i lived in the house until last night.The alarm system is made by NetworX. Any ideas on what caused this? Thanks.

Reply to
sifuwong2007
Loading thread data ...

You may want to check your battery. It sounds like a low battery warning.

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Since GE bought that company, here is their take on it.

"This product is obsolete and no longer available for purchase."

GE knows how to take care of its customers wouldn't you say?

For the record it might be a low battery or similar supervisory signal alert.

Reply to
Roland More

in addition to what the others have replied.

IF the chirping is really really high frequency and seems difficult to tell where it's coming from it may be your electrician (120 vac) smoke detectors and not the alarm system. Usually, the alarm warnings come from the keypads themselves, so you should be able to listen at the keypad.

Electric smokes (120 vac) have batteries that should be changed every year...usually 9v - use the good ones, not the cheapos.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

This looks like the NetworX manual..

formatting link

found by googling for NetworX alarm user guide "low battery"

Reply to
CWatters

smoke detectors do that.

Reply to
Jim

Ya think? js

Reply to
Buggs

You probably have a transmitter low battery. js

Reply to
Buggs

Well I doubt they'd say that since its a current product

Reply to
Mark Leuck

When a customer calls me with that description I usually tell them that it is probably the electrician installed smoke detectors (after I ask them if the keypad shows low bat).

They usually say they know for sure that sound is coming from keypad or siren.

I always explain that a service call will be charged if it turns out to bes an electrical problem and not an alarm problem, even if system is under warrantee.

4 out of 5 people will ask me to come anyway and 4 out of 5 times it is the electrician installed smoke detectormaking the noise.

The beep from that electrician installed smoke detector bounces all over the place. Hard to find too.

Reply to
Paul

YEP YEP YEP. And then when you go out there they feel like total idiots and don't want to pay for the call.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

ROLF

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

It's like the lotto. When the technician shows up, everyone gets a ticket. And every ticket pays!

Reply to
Roland More

Reply to
Just Looking

Reply to
chasbo

Service requests and complaints reported by customers, especially ones associated with warning sounders, seldom have anything directly to do with what is ultimately found to be the real problem by the servicing technician.

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.