Powercall alarm system

Well it's been awhile but here is what I found out:

Southern Company did in fact own this company till late 2000 then sold it off to a small company in GA (Protection One ). Apparently that company took over most of Powercall's accounts. I say most because they didn't have as large of a service area as Powercall and if you were not in the service area you lost service. The previous owner bought the house right around this time that is why he got a doa alarm system and didn't know anything about it as they don't service our area.

I later found the power supply (wall wart) for my unit but it still did not appear to activate but will screw around more with it later when time permits. Thanks for the background...

A power company out this way tried that too. I guess they thought it would be a good revenue stream...until they realized that they'd actually have to service them. That lasted a couple of years, now they're lawn signs are rusty and I suppose those clients don't have any service, since they aren't in the biz any longer.

It was a tough sell against them too, at the time.

| > Hello, | > I just bought a house on Friday and shortly after closing I was talking | > with the seller about the shed in the backyard. He mentioned that not | > only did it have full power, but was also wired for the built in alarm | > system. I asked about the system and he did not know too much as he had | > only owned the house for a few years and never activated it. The house | > has stickers and yard signs that say "Power Call" and I have found the | > master control panel in the den and other componets such as a wireless | > transmitter in the master bedroom walk in closet and what appeard to be | > a junction box (appears to be locked) in a closet in the foyer. | >

| > My question is regarding modifying this system to function without | > activation. By that I mean have it call who I chose rather than the | > orignal company (our power company-who appears to no longer provide | > this service). Is this doable or can any of these parts be used for | > another system? | > Does anyone have any background on this company or any of the parts | > they used? | >

| > Thanks a bunch, | > Fletch < | | There was a company operating as Power Call Security in the Georgia | area. Their parent company was Southern Company. I'm not certain if | PowerCall is still operating but you might find more info on the | equipment if you contact Southern Company (sorry I only have the phone | # for investors). Southern Company is a solid utility company. Pays a | nice little dividend too :-) | If you are in the Georgia area there is a pretty decent company down | there called Southern Alarm. Whether or not anyone can utilize the | equipment depends on the age of the system. Have someone come to the | house and look it over.

Reply to
Fletch
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.