ADT Security Canada

I have a ADT Focus 32 system installed. Does anyone know how to:

1. Change the dial-out phone number from ADT's monitoring center to some other number. This is the number that the system dials out in an event of a break-in.

1. Or any other way of routing calls to a different number.

Thanks!

Zee

Reply to
zee.mississauga
Loading thread data ...

Yup. You need to know the installer code to do that though. The Focus 32 is a DSC "Power 832".

There are ways to do this, but they're not as "efficient" as using the onboard communicator. Besides, disconnecting that would mean the panel would go into "trouble" (either TLM or communicator fault) and the only way to clear them would be to plug it back in... What's your problem?? Have you reached the end of your contract term?? Do you own the equipment??

Reply to
Frank Olson
  1. Do you know what's the default installer code and how to make that change? Some guidance will be appreciated.

1. Yes, I own the alarm and I am thinking of installing it one of my condos.

Basically what I would like to do is set it up so that when armed and triggered, it calls my cell phone number instead of ADT's monitoring station.

Much appreciated!

Reply to
zee.mississauga

And what will he say when the alarm panel calls his cellphone? Hello...blizz blip blizt blizt cllick...ok thanks.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

No wonder we have false alarm ordinances.

So they're on the road somewhere far from home, they get a blizt blizt beep glowyp call from their alarm panel and call dispatch in on their house.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

So, then, he's just stupid? js

Reply to
alarman

Thanks Frank. You were quite helpful. I recently contacted ADT's data center to have it reset so I guess all I need to ask them is the programming/installer code.

Reply to
data.vs.spock

Thanks Frank. I already have an active ADT monitoring and an inactive one from my old contract. I just want to have an extra layer of security and a peace of mind that if something were to happen, I'd be notified as well as ADT.

I recently contacted ADT's data center to have the panel reset so I guess all I need to ask them what the default programming/installer code is. If you or anyone else know then please let me know.

Reply to
zee.mississauga

Yah, and that's why we are inundated with obviously stupid consumer product liability warning labels... DO NOT PUT YOUR TONGUE ON RUNNING LAWN MOWER BLADE SEVERE INJURY MAY RESULT. Do not put loaded gun in your mouth and pull trigger or your survivors will sue the shit out of us.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I think it's 5010 if memory serves.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hmmm, I would have thought yours would be:

Don't point loaded gun at a relative. You'll be charged as a felon and not be considered a full citizen for the rest of your life.

Or

Don't be so stupid as to be careless about someone eles life. You can kill some one that way and ruin the rest of the lives of dozens of people.

Or

Don't ridicule someone for being overweight, when you're a fat slob,

300 pound porker yourself.

Or

Don't consider your self normal when you've got dozens of people who know what you are and that you're a disgusting piece of shit and they have the evidence to prove it.

If you'd like a few more, just ask.

Reply to
Jim

No, not necessarily !! He is however, one of that not-so-small minority group that don't attribute much value to their home security precautions. If he did, he likely wouldn't resort to such a mickey mouse arrangement. However, the consumer is (or should be) always in control of his own actions, stupid or otherwise. All we can do is try to show him the proper way to do things. After that, he's on his own.....

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

He must be one of those foul mouthed low life installers that RLB is always warning us about

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

OK, I've seen it all now. js

Reply to
alarman

ADT usually "locks" the panel. This is an option in programming that will prevent another alarmco (or homeowner) from defaulting the board. You can contact ADT and have them remove their proprietory information (telephone numbers and account codes) and return the installer code to the factory default. They should be able to do this by downloading the panel over the phone. If, in fact, you do own the equipment and your contract term is expired you shouldn't have any problems requesting this. They may charge you a fee for the service, though.

You'll have to obtain the programming manual. ADT usually keeps it in the can (the big metal box that houses the common control). I wouldn't suggest opening it until they've defaulted the board though because they may have tampered the door. If the programming manual isn't in the control box, then you'll have to obtain one from either a friendly local dealer or Jim Rojas at

formatting link
Good luck!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yes, an unfortunate fact of life in our "sue crazy society". I think one of the worst things I've heard of is a well known action movie actor a few years ago, who had a .357 Magnum revolver on the movie set loaded with blanks. He put it up to his head and pulled the trigger. It killed him obviously from the pressure of the blank powder (which is a true explosive btw)!! Then his relatives had the temerity to go public with a plea for additional gun control, even though it was his own raw stupidity that killed him. Did this guy ever have any safety training before being allowed on the set with a gun ? Doesn't the movie maker share some liability by not ensuring that their actors have had basic safety training for all inherently dangerous items on the set ?

Nah...nothing sensible like that....just call for more gun control. Fucking stupid bastards !!!

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

My favorite is: "Warning! Do not look at LASER with remaining eye." :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Actually, my favorite of all times is this one. You print it on a self-stick label with your laser printer and affix it to the elevator control panel.

"7 Button Does Not Work. Please press 3 and 4"

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I have a few customers like that. They just see the CallerID display which is usually enough. I program the panel to call twice. This way they know for sure that it is the alarm panel calling.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

While I agree with you "Crash", far be it for me to criticize anyone's choice when it comes to their family's security. I'm certain the OP is well aware of all the arguments both "pro" and "con" regarding monitoring. :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.