ADT Security Canada

yeah but still could have done it ...probably would have taken less lives than has so far, and bin laden peeps werent around yet.

i was in london at the time and was called up but soon as I got ready it all stopped .. suddenly ... kind of peed me off .. had to go back to chasin car thieves .. :-(

Reply to
cctvbahamas
Loading thread data ...

Except every other country and our previous administration all believed it too. If you say something that isn't true, but at the time you say it you believe it is... Is it a lie? Or were you simply wrong?

Like I said...

But nothing to do with 9/11

"others"?

I have never said it was a good idea. But all the Monday morning quarterbacking is a bit tiresome.

I am not a huge fan of the republicans or the democrats. I am more of a libertarian. But it is what it is and all the name calling and bellyaching won't change it.

As Bill Clinton once said, "attacks never fed a hungry child"

Reply to
JoeRaisin

you

I disagree bAss breath. I think you posting your tagline umpteen times while saying nothing of value is useless trash on USENET. You praising terrorists and denigrating this great country while standing on foriegn soil is useless, childish trash. My nailing your bAss is usefull trash. Better wipe your bAss. Mr bAss wiper.

Reply to
joe

A slip of the tongue by Laura Bush, no different really than a slip of your hand when typing "lead" instead of "led"

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Perhaps you may have forgotten that there were approx 14 brave nations that in fact did have the guts to take a stand against the source of terrorism. But leave it to you to side with the cowards.

You forget again that Saddam wouldn't LET the inspectors DO their job, thus leaving the door wide open that he had something to hide. How stupid is that? Oh, that's right ...... just as stupid as you.

So you along with all your other whimp ass librals think that if you call something a lie long enough, it will eventually become that. You know damn well that there was overwhelming evidence from multiple domestic and foriegn sources that indicated there was an amassing of WMD's. You call that a lie. Well, that alone says all there is to say about you. If there's any deceit being defined here, you are a perfect example of it.

And of course your "presumption" that he was lying has to be true, but everyone eles "presumption" that he wasn't ..... isn't true. Or, of course, YOU'VE got some special inside information that can prove that YOU aren't lying. You don't have a f****ng clue ..... WHAT went on, and anything that you say is mear speculation. As usual, you lie by inference.

Hmmmm, I guess she was lying about being concerned then ..... right?

You're a lying, theiving, sniviling coward, Fat Ass. You're a traitor to the country that protects you so that you can continue to be a fat, arrogant, pig slob.

Reply to
Jim

Whether she cares or not is a different issue, if you really think that she doesn't know the name of the hurricane, then its you, not her that has lost touch with reality.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Perhaps you may have forgotten but during the months leading up to the Bush War most of our former allies refused to accept the Bush lies. Numerous folks who post here ridiculed France, Germany, Russia and Belgium for refusing to join Bush in his jihad.

The UN said we should wait and allow the inspectors to finish their job. The security council refused to endorse the attack despite significant bullying by Bush.

Many Americans, including myself, were lead to believe there really were WMDs in Iraq. The Bush lies were effective at that. Even among those of us who find Bush an abominable, incompetent jackass gave at least some credence to his lies.

Presumably, the "you" above is general and you are actually referring to Bush. If that is the case, you predicate the question on another lie -- that he believed any of the Bushit he and his cronies handed the American people to justify his war.

Yesterday Laura Bush spoke to the media. She expressed concern over getting the children back in school. Twice she mentioned the cause of the problem -- hurricane *Karina* (sic)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Wrong (as usual). She said it twice. The reality is that Laura Bush, like her idiot husband, is so far removed from the lives of Americans that she hasn't a clue what's going on. Worse, neither of them care one iota what happens to America or it's citizens.

That was carelessness. In Laura's case it's that she just doesn't care. I'd explain the difference but you'd only be more confused.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I never said she had lost touch with reality. That would imply that she had at some time in the past been in touch with reality and there is no evidence to merit that assumption. Here's a direct quote from a popular magazine article about Laura and George Bush:

"First Lady Laura Bush: Ladies and gentlemen, I've been attending these dinners for years and just quietly sitting there. Well, I've got a few things I want to say for a change.

This is going to be fun because he really doesn't have a clue about what I'm gonna' to say next.

George always says he's delighted to come to these press dinners. Baloney. He's usually in bed by now.

I'm not kidding.

I said to him the other day, "George, if you really want to end tyranny in the world, you're going to have to stay up later."

I am married to the president of the United States, and here's our typical evening: Nine o'clock, Mr. Excitement here is sound asleep, and I'm watching Desperate Housewives? with Lynne Cheney. Ladies and gentlemen, I am a desperate housewife. I mean, if those women on that show think they're desperate, they oughta be with George.

One night, after George went to bed, Lynne Cheney, Condi Rice, Karen Hughes and I went to Chippendale's. I wouldn't even mention it except Ruth Ginsberg and Sandra Day O'Connor saw us there. I won't tell you what happened, but Lynne's Secret Service codename is now "Dollar Bill."

But George and I are complete opposites ? I'm quiet, he's talkative, I'm introverted, he's extroverted, I can pronounce nuclear ?

The amazing thing, however, is that George and I were just meant to be. I was the librarian who speant 12 hours a day in the library, yet somehow I met George.

We met, and married, and I became one of the regulars up at Kennebunkport. All the Bushes love Kennebunkport, which is like Crawford, but without the nightlife. People ask me what it's like to be up there with the whole Bush clan. Lemme put it this way: First prize ? three-day vacation with the Bush family. Second prize ? 10 days.

Speaking of prizes brings me to my mother-in-law. So many mothers today are just not involved in their children's lives ? Not a problem with Barbara Bush. People often wonder what my mother-in-law's really like. People think she's a sweet, grandmotherly, Aunt Bea type. She's actually more like, mmm, Don Corleone.

Cedric, am I doing all right?

I saw my in-laws down at the ranch over Easter. We like it down there. George didn't know much about ranches when we bought the place. Andover and Yale don't have a real strong ranching program. But I'm proud of George. He's learned a lot about ranching since that first year when he tried to milk the horse. What's worse, it was a male horse.

Now, of course, he spends his days clearing brush, cutting trails, taking down trees, or, as the girls call it, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. George's answer to any problem at the ranch is to cut it down with a chainsaw ? which I think is why he and Cheney and Rumsfeld get along so well.

It's always very interesting to see how the ranch air invigorates people when they come down from Washington. Recently, when Vice President Cheney was down, he got up early one morning, he put on his hiking boots, and he went on a brisk, 20- to 30-foot walk."

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Perhaps you may have forgotten many leaders in the local arab countries also thought Saddam had WMD's including the leaders of Egypt, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Also Saddam's biggest contributors of weapons were.....wait for it.....Germany, France and Russia....

Reply to
Mark Leuck

And your side wonders why you lose elections.....

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Jan Michael Vincent?

Reply to
no wires showing

The blame lies with the local governments and NOT the Federal Government. National Guard troops from outside states can only be ordered into another state during a time of insurrection, or at the request of the State. To send the military in without insurrection is unconstitutional and a violation os State's Rights. The State is responsible for requesting aid from the military. FEMA couldn't operate in many areas due to the armed thugs patrolling the streets. The New Orleans Police shouldn't be excused from the blame game since most of their force abandoned their positions. The shame is all the focus being given to New Orleans (where residents had ample warning to evacuate) & yet very little coverage to cities in Mississippi above sea level that are wiped off of the map. Rather than trying to figure out who is at fault for what we as an industry should do what we can to help. While most of us cannot pack up shop and move south we should extend any offers of employment that we can to the displaced installers, sales reps, admin staff, or telemarketers. These people no longer have homes, so relocation shouldn't be much of an issue. For every job created there is one less person on the government dole which in turn helps reduce the burdens on the taxpayers. My company is shipping child identification kits to the affected region, and would encourage others to send what you can as well. These children are now under the same roof with the lowest of the low due to the current inability to accurately identify criminals being housed in the shelters. For those of you who don't believe it affects us just read a few posts of guys whining about travel costs, and the price increases we're starting to see at the supply hubs.

Reply to
no wires showing

You do realize that this whole quote is a speech she gave which was tongue-in-cheek and somewhat of a roast for the president?

I thought it was pretty funny.

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
JoeRaisin

None of those countries were against the invasion because they didn't think saddam had WMD's. They were raking in the cash on back door deals.

The UN inspector weren't allowed to inspect. Besides, the UN was raking in cash skimming from the oil for food program.

Again, I ask, is it a lie if one believes it is true when one says it? All the intelligence and all of saddam's actions pointed to WMD's.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Its called humour, you wouldn't understand

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Shhh, he thinks he's on a roll

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'll bet it's an hamburger roll too.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.