ADT Security Canada

You imagine wrong. It's the other way around. There's nothing much in the Middle East that anyone in SA wants.

It's not the "official" governments of these countries that we have to worry about.

Wrong again. They've been attacking Russia for decades and the Russians are far more ruthless than we are. You make a serious mistake when you attribute cowardice to people who are willing to die for their beliefs. No doubt the leaders who recruit, train and send young Islamic kids off to "die for Allah" are despicable cowards. But the fighters themselves are anything but cowardly.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Yea car-bombing civilians certainly is brave, hijacking a plane and flying it along with hundreds of passengers into a building is brave

You've got an odd opinion of terrorists

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Heh see how much they hate our country if the tourists go bye bye :)

Then again people prone to hate tend to find more excuses to continue to hate so that might not work

Some can be done others can't because this country is far too massive, can't protect the water supply for instance..

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Don't you guys listen to the all-knowing , all-seeing GOD Sean Hannity?

Hannity : "They attacked us because they hate our freedom!"

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Karl Magnus

I have been monitoring this discussion for a while and it's seems quite interesting. There is one important thing here to keep in mind: Islam is not the enemy here but rather, the "extremists" who start intrepreting their own meanings of Islam. For example, "Jihad" has been taken quite negatively. I have been doing some reading up and it is quite clear that Jihad is nothing more than what we call a "battle" or a "war". It's purpose is not to kill innocent people but to engage in a battle with clear intentions. It can be a preemptive strike, sure, but not to civilians. I mean, if you think about it, the US too, struck Iraq and its people. What's the difference? Only because the US announced that it has planned vengeance against a nation's president who once aided the US many years ago?!

Quite frankly, there are many good things that the US does and at the same time, many horrible things. But that goes for any nation in the world. Or for any human being on this planet. I'm not advocating the wars or these so-called jihads. In my mind, the US had no right to make a hostile move to Iraq. Perhaps it was a opportunity to establish its base there. Who knows?!

My question to this still remains, what happened to Ossama B. Ladin?! They shook the whole country (Iraq) for his but it seems like he's still at large. hmm... makes me wonder if the purpose of this "War on Terrorism" was two-fold: to establish a base there and (if lucky) kill OBL. Heck, a little birdie just flew by and told me that OBL is living in Israel and he's soon thinking of moving to the moon where he will launch his ultimate weapon and kill all "infidels". :-)

I noticed that someone had made a comment about "Muslims fighting amongst each others if there was no one around". That's true... to a certain extent. But then again, we all do, now don't we? It's just that one aspect of our lives is highlighted more than the others. I mean, heck, history is abundant with wars that have been engaged for land, people, religion etc. Who are we to say who's right and who's wrong?!

All I know is that no religion is a bad religion. No religion says to kill people in order to survive. No religion wants chaos. It's the people, us, who interpret wrongly and thus, resort to such barbaric actions.

As Spock would say: "It is so illogical to butcher people for the sake of one's survival."

Reply to
data.vs.spock

These are despicable acts, but they are still brave. Would you fly into a building or blow yourself up for what you believe in?

My *opinion* of terrorists is that they don't deserve to remain on the planet. These people are the enemy and we need to defeat them. If we want to defeat them we'd better know what you're up against. It does no good to mischaracterize them or to misunderstand their motivation simply because you abhor them.

This is one of the major blunders of the Bush administration. The idiot in the White House thinks that he can force these people to submit with our country's military might. The Russians made the same stupid mistake. Bush's failure to learn *anything* at all about the enemy, combined with his complete disregard for our national interests has cost the lives of thousands of American soldiers.

Bush isn't alone in his stupidity. Our government has for many years tried to milk the third world by supporting ruthless dictators. What has happened, as unjust as it may feel to us, is a direct result of our country's meddling in the affairs of other sovereign nations.

There's no justification here for what terrorists do. This is just the reality of the situation.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

But the fighters themselves are anything but cowardly.

Is that why they blow up innocent women and children, because they are so "brave"! Thanks for another pearl of wisdom from BAss.?

Reply to
joe

The problem with the terrorists is that they don't really want anything from us, they just want to see us dead and die in the process - we should assist them fully in the latter.

What really pisses me off is that some of us want to blame ourselves for everything, like we are on this giant guilt trip...the terrorists - our fault, Katrina? - our fault, the ozone layer - our fault...bullshit.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Actually its not so brave when you think about it.

They are told its a way of short circuiting the whole live a good and pure life thing and getting a free ticket into heaven.

Would I blow myself up?

Absolutely, if I was assured by my spiritual leader (and I was brain washed enough to believe him) that for a mere instant of mortal pain I will have everlasting bliss without the pesky problem of living my life in adherence to the rules set down by my religion.

From what I understand, the mindset these fanatics are in at the time of their crimes leaves very little room for much (if any)fear.

Without fear - there is no "courage".

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Nope. They do that because they're maniacs, sort of like you.

The brave part is their willingness to die for what they believe, unlike you who sit on your jiminex pretending to be brave while posting childish trash on USENET.

Unfortunately, the saying about casting one's pearls before swine applies.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Quite right, friend. The same can also be said of the so-called "Christian Right" (who are neither Christian nor right IMO). Any time someone takes a religious belief and turns it into an excuse to promulgate hatred and murder it's the same, no matter what "faith" the terrorist espouses.

There are Islamic scholars (not necessarily believers) who say the same thing and others who say that Islam is part and parcel a religion of war -- "kill the infidels". I haven't yet figured out who to believe. What I do know is that the few Middle Eastern friends I've made over the years all say that terrorists violate the Koran.

Shhhhh! It's about the oil and winning a second term in office, nothing more.

Don't say such things in front of the IB*. These morons believe that any admission of fault on the part of our nation is tantamount to treason -- punishable by mistyping your name and making allegations about your matriarchal heritage. :^)

Correct. But what is "right" has nothing to do with the way our government operates since the Republicans took over. Only money, power and more of the same matter.

He's probably sipping rum and Coke at Camp David. :^)

*IB = Idiot Brigade
Reply to
Robert L Bass

Assuming you meant something other than the way that last phrase came out, I agree. :^)

It isn't a matter of blame, Crash. But we do need to assess what things we as a nation do that provoke the crazies to attack. Since they are capable of doing great harm to us and since there's no way to eliminate them, it behooves us to know what makes them tick, what incites their wrath and what, if anything, can be done to avoid exacerbating the problem.

Attacking Iraq, much as it seemed like a military romp when the Bush lies were first being spread, was clearly the wrong thing to do. There were no weapons of mass destruction. Bin Laden was not hiding in Baghdad (he hates Hussein almost as much as he hates Bush). Iraq was not preparing to attack us or anyone else. There were no terrorist training camps in Iraq. All the lies Bush told have come out and the Republicans *still* insist that it was a good idea to attack. What idiots!

Reply to
Robert L Bass

who cares what religion they are, if they are bombing us then bomb them back more .. till they dont exist anymore ..

Reply to
cctvbahamas

But who knew that at the time?

Bin Laden was

No one ever said he was.

(he hates Hussein almost as much as he

No one ever said that Hussein had anything to do with 9/11.

Iraq was not preparing to attack us or anyone else.

Never claimed...

As I remember (and I am getting old - perhaps you can point me towards the source from that time period which proves me wrong) the claim was that there was communcation between Hussein's intelligence folks and Al Queda.

All the lies

Reply to
JoeRaisin

who cares, should have finished the job before ...

Reply to
cctvbahamas

George "dubya" Bush, the CIA and the UN inspectors for starters.

There were allegations that he was working with Saddam. There also were claims that he had training camps in Iraq.

The Republicans repeatedly held up Saddam's supposed WMD campaign as a terrorist threat to the US, claiming he would sell nuclear and/or biological weapons to OBL.

That was the core reason (well it was what they pretended was the reason) for attacking them in the first place.

The claim was that there was collusion between Saddam's and Osama's intelligence forces. Others said there were terrorist camps in Iraq.

No answer for that one, eh?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Iraq wasn't bombing us or anyone else at the time.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thats easy to say but would have been much harder to do back then

Reply to
Mark Leuck

But you say their hatred is deserved so it's ok? Well Fatty, there's just so much about you to hate that it's really hard for anyone to NOT dislike you. I mean, just because I'm the only one to verbalize what everyone else thinks about you, you can't just point your chubby digit at lil ol me, ya know. How many ways there are to hate such a arrogant, asshole such as you. Let me count the ways. Oh crap. There's just too Damn Many things that you've done to people to count. Let's just leave it at ...... nobody STILL doesn't like you. ...... Get used to it bubber boy. You're an outcast slob and you know it.

You'll notice that the local, and state govenments have been Democrats for over 60 years. Yeah, atta way to go! Just like you, talk, talk, talk and when the chips are down you run and hidy hidy behind mommy and blame the bad boys for what you'd caused.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.