Ademco VistaKey

Have an Ademco Vista 128FB panel that has a VistaKey door access. The syst= em has a schedule for automatic door strike unlock & lock times.

When the system has a trouble on it (phone line in this case), the VistaKey= goes into lockdown & locks the lobby door strikes. This happens during th= e day & the only way to clear it is to modify the time to just before openi= ng, let the door schedule run to unlock & then reset the time to normal.

According to Ademco tech support, this is normal behavior & no way around i= t. Does anyone know how to stop the lockdown when a trouble occurs on the = system? There is no reason to lockdown the doors when the phone line volta= ge drops out.

Thanks

Reply to
Mike Jackson
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I really don't have an answer to your specific question but I do have a comment that may have some merit.

Comment Only: The circumstance you describe is a very good reason NOT to have an integrated system. Not to say that integration can't work or should not be done, but, when it is done and problems like this arise you can then think of reasons why it should not have been integrated into another system. Take the security panel with the phone number out of the loop and you have a free standing access control system that does not care or even know a phone line exist. End of Comment: Rant Off.

Now that I got that out of my system, please be it known that I have integrated and non- integrated systems in and working. Some work well and others..................................

Too bad Ademco Tech Support could not have given a better answer or solution to the issue. Maybe someone else here can give a better solution without commenting on my comment.

Good Luck,

Les

When the system has a trouble on it (phone line in this case), the VistaKey goes into lockdown & locks the lobby door strikes. This happens during the day & the only way to clear it is to modify the time to just before opening, let the door schedule run to unlock & then reset the time to normal.

According to Ademco tech support, this is normal behavior & no way around it. Does anyone know how to stop the lockdown when a trouble occurs on the system? There is no reason to lockdown the doors when the phone line voltage drops out.

Thanks

Reply to
ABLE1

goes into lockdown & locks the lobby door strikes. This happens during the day & the only way to clear it is to modify the time to just before opening, let the door schedule run to unlock & then reset the time to normal.

Are you talking about a TLM trouble? Disable the TLM if there is no fire system connected.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Key goes into lockdown & locks the lobby door strikes. =A0This happens duri= ng the day & the only way to clear it is to modify the time to just before = opening, let the door schedule run to unlock & then reset the time to norma= l.

I have 12 of the vista key systems out there and have never experienced this you need to call and talk to tech support something is wired wrong or programmed wrong as that should never happen

Reply to
nick markowitz

Unfortunately it is a fire panel.

Another round with tech support: Supposedly it is not the actual trouble that causes the lock down, it is when the report of that trouble doesn't get through to the central on the FIRST attempt on the backup number.

You would think they would make the lock down a programming option, but no....

So looks like they are getting a separate door access system price.

Reply to
Mike Jackson

causes the lock down, it is when the report of that trouble doesn't get through to the central on the FIRST attempt on the backup number.

will the 129FB allow you to disable the on-board TLM with fire zones (I never tried)? If so, maybe just get a Silent Knight separate TLM.

Why is the communicator not hitting the first attempt on L1 or L2?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.