Partner System - Analog Extension Question

Hello Everyone,

I've got a Partner system and am trying to connect a few analog cordless phones to it. (Don't want to pay the huge amount for the Avaya cordless.) I've got everything hooked up and it sort of works, but I'm having trouble with the automatic line selection on the analog extensions.

Right now, they are acting as if they were a regular normal extension. That is, when nobody is on the phone, picking up the analog extension gets line 1. When someone is on line 1, the phone picks up to line 2. If line 2 is in use then the phone picks up to the intercom.

What I want is to have the analog phone always pick up on line 1 - even if it has to barge onto the line. I've been able to prevent it from going to line 2, but if line 1 is in use it goes to the intercom.

Can somebody tell me how I can lock the phone to line 1, and only line

1?

Thanks

Reply to
Jeff
Loading thread data ...

Thanks Terry. I don't know which version offhand, but it is within the past three years, so fairly new.

Privacy is not enabled. The behavior is the same as all the other phone system extensions - when someone is on line1 all the phones default to line2. I want certain extensions to always be on line1, no matter what.

Reply to
Jeff

You didn't say which Partner. Maybe disable privacy ? Then it would always go to line one and then barge in, or get dialtone.

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS

What I meant was is it a Partner, Partner II, Partner Plus or Partner ACS. Three years means a Partner ACS probably. Anyway I am no help tonight, never picked up the book.

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS

Even if you set the Auto Line Select to line 1 only, if line 1 is already in use, the S/L set will go to intercom. So will a multiline set, if all available lines are in use. If you do not have privacy turned on for the extension that is already on line 1, dial 801 on the cordless and you will barge in on the call.

BTW, normally, on S/L phones, you would program ALS to be Intercom, Line 1, Line 2, etc. Then you can dial other extensions, or 9 for an idle line.

Reply to
TouchToneTommy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.