Ademco 4110 Engineer manual question

Hi

I need to install a 4110SM (Speaker Module) onto a 4110 panel. Everytime I connect the speaker it sounds straight away, I am sure it is programmed for latching the terminal SW1 negative for the power supply.

I'm looking for which code in the programming menu it is to change to allow the speaker module to be attached.

If anyone has the manual (specifically for the 4110) I would appreciate it too.

Reply to
Michael Millar
Loading thread data ...

There is no "code". Either you have a zone in alarm or you've wired it to the wrong terminals

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Must be a different version than we have here. A 4110 Ademco panel is really old and never had a header for siren output module...at least that I can remember...in fact I don't think any of the Vista's do either.

Regardless, if its connected correctly there should be no voltage output unless something is in alarm...do you have any zones programmed as fire or manual panic buttons? If you do, normalize them and see if the siren stops.

| >> I need to install a 4110SM (Speaker Module) onto a 4110 panel. Everytime | > I | >> connect the speaker it sounds straight away, I am sure it is programmed | > for | >> latching the terminal SW1 negative for the power supply. | >>

| >> I'm looking for which code in the programming menu it is to change to | > allow | >> the speaker module to be attached. | >>

| >> If anyone has the manual (specifically for the 4110) I would appreciate | >> it | >> too. | >

| > There is no "code". Either you have a zone in alarm or you've wired it to | > the wrong terminals | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Put an EOL resistor across zone 5 (the default fire zone), that may stop the speaker/siren. Or program zone 5 as an "instant" zone.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Mugford

I found reference to the 4110SM speaker module as it relates to a VISTA

25..this looks like a UK product..but this is all I found:

The 4110SM speaker module plugs directly onto the PLJ connector on the Vista

25PCB, providing an output for a 16 ? loudspeaker. Once connected, the loudspeakerwill respond to Entry/Exit and Alarm conditions.If more than one loudspeaker is required the connections should be arranged suchthat the resistance across the terminals P1 and P2 is 16 ?, e.g. two 8 ? loudspeakersin series.When connecting the speaker module, the adhesive pad should be used to allowbonding to the Vista 25 PCB. Once connected the tone of the loudspeaker can bevaried by adjusting the potentiometer, VR1. See Figure 3.4 4110SM Speaker Modulefor details.Figure 3.44110SM Speaker Module

| > And the sound module is fitted straight onto the pins on the main board, | and | > can't be connected wrongly. Do you have the manual by any chance? | >

| > -- | > Regards | >

| >

| > M Millar | | Pins on the main board? Exactly what pins and which 4110 do you have? 4110 | Vantage?, 4110DL? 4110XM? 4110XMP? | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Pins on the main board? Exactly what pins and which 4110 do you have? 4110 Vantage?, 4110DL? 4110XM? 4110XMP?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Only one I know of in the low end was the First Alert FA-145C which is Vista-10SE with strobe outputs

Reply to
Mark Leuck

There is, well on the Vista's which I believe are the same panels. Its the menu option number I am looking for, as soon as I connect the cable the sounder constantly activates, no matter in the set or unset mode.

And the sound module is fitted straight onto the pins on the main board, and can't be connected wrongly. Do you have the manual by any chance?

Reply to
SantaUK

Thats weird. Still not sure what alarm panel you're really working with so it's hard to tell.

| > The 4110SM speaker module plugs directly onto the PLJ connector on the | > Vista | > 25PCB, providing an output for a 16 ? loudspeaker. Once connected, the | > loudspeakerwill respond to Entry/Exit and Alarm conditions.If more than | > one | > loudspeaker is required the | > connections should be arranged suchthat the resistance across the | > terminals | > P1 | > and P2 is 16 ?, e.g. two 8 ? loudspeakersin series.When connecting the | > speaker | > module, the adhesive pad should be used to allowbonding to the Vista 25 | > PCB. | > Once connected the tone of the loudspeaker can bevaried by adjusting the | > potentiometer, VR1. See Figure 3.4 4110SM Speaker Modulefor details.Figure | > 3.44110SM Speaker Module | >

| >

| >

| > | > And the sound module is fitted straight onto the pins on the main | > board, | > | and | > | > can't be connected wrongly. Do you have the manual by any chance? | > | >

| > | > -- | > | > Regards | > | >

| > | >

| > | > M Millar | > | | > | Pins on the main board? Exactly what pins and which 4110 do you have? | > 4110 | > | Vantage?, 4110DL? 4110XM? 4110XMP? | > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thats the manual I had for this, seems very similar. Further into the manual, it mentions if this is fitted, then you can't use the latch facility for detectors, so you need to switch one of the menuoptions to a different value. I'm hoping that I have got the wrong option number and it isn't faulty.

Reply to
SantaUK
4110 is ancient.

| >

| > | > The 4110SM speaker module plugs directly onto the PLJ connector on the | > | > Vista | > | > 25PCB, providing an output for a 16 ? loudspeaker. Once connected, the | > | > loudspeakerwill respond to Entry/Exit and Alarm conditions.If more | > than | > | > one | > | > loudspeaker is required the | > | > connections should be arranged suchthat the resistance across the | > | > terminals | > | > P1 | > | > and P2 is 16 ?, e.g. two 8 ? loudspeakersin series.When connecting the | > | > speaker | > | > module, the adhesive pad should be used to allowbonding to the Vista | > 25 | > | > PCB. | > | > Once connected the tone of the loudspeaker can bevaried by adjusting | > the | > | > potentiometer, VR1. See Figure 3.4 4110SM Speaker Modulefor | > details.Figure | > | > 3.44110SM Speaker Module | > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | > | > And the sound module is fitted straight onto the pins on the main | > | > board, | > | > | and | > | > | > can't be connected wrongly. Do you have the manual by any chance? | > | > | >

| > | > | > -- | > | > | > Regards | > | > | >

| > | > | >

| > | > | > M Millar | > | > | | > | > | Pins on the main board? Exactly what pins and which 4110 do you | > have? | > | > 4110 | > | > | Vantage?, 4110DL? 4110XM? 4110XMP? | > | > | | > | > | | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Next time I'm at it, I'll take note of the ROM chip and report its details. But it def says 4110 - but after that I don't know.

Thanks

Reply to
SantaUK

Reply to
<thesatguy1

Don't think so though, as the other manuals and the instructions that came with the part stat that either a 16 ohm or 2 8 ohm speakers are to be connected.

Reply to
SantaUK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.