Ademco 6271CV Question

20P board with a 6160 keypad at the board. programming done there, works ok. a 6271CV (1) in the mbr was used to set up two users, works as advertised. a second 6271CV (2) was lastly placed in the great room and picked up everything from the system (to my knowledge) except the users. Now the user codes programmed on (1) work fine on (1) and (2). You just cant see them in the user box. (was checking to see if (2) picked up all settings) . Additiional user programmed in on (2) and doesnt show up on (1) but codes work on all keypads. So the question is..... are the user names etc only supposed to show up on the the keypad it was initiated on? or (could be highly likely) that I am not entering it from the right keypad (supposed to only use the 6160???). Or is it the way its supposed to be?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
k_upton
Loading thread data ...

sounds like one of the cv units is on a different partition and not seeing the codes

Reply to
nmarkowitz

User names from one 6271 do not automatically appear on other 6271's, the same goes with Symphony and 6270 keypads

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks for the answer on that one. I couldnt find any documentation on it anywhere.

User names from one 6271 do not automatically appear on other 6271's, the same goes with Symphony and 6270 keypads

Reply to
k_upton

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.