A tough one to break into!

Likewise.

I think Nathan lives in a time warp.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

My favorite one was a takeover at a house we prewired but ADT got the finish. The homeowner got fed up with them and when his contract was up he called us.

ADT had installed a complete wireless system. they used the keypad and siren wires but everything else was wireless, placed were we had intended to put wired devices.

5816's on the door slabs with the magnets on the jambs, a few inches away from the recessed contacts we installed during the prewire, wireless motion detectors covering the coil of wire in the corners were we intended to put dual-techs and wireless smoke detectors screwed onto the back boxes we put up when we ran the fire wire.

At least I made the doors wired. Boss said not to replace the other stuff unless the sub wanted to pay for it so the motions and smokes stayed.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

You dog you. js

Reply to
alarman

Nope. Montana. js

Reply to
alarman

formatting link
Disclaimer: Not necessarily big blue, I'm just saying...

js

Reply to
alarman

I agree that ADT has a large number of very good installers but I also have to add you are dreaming if you think ADT doesn't have a large number of people who install like that

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thats almost Canada which explains a lot

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yep...been the same route. Our prewire and they installed a wireless system. They didn't have tracers so they couldn't find one keypad wire so they drilled a hole through a toilet drain pipe coming down from upstairs...no one noticed till someone upstairs flushed the toilet.

They tried to blame it on us, so I went out there and sold the homeowner a real system on the wire we installed.

It was quite funny actually.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Near Canada, but nothing like it. Fiercely independent, hardy types in Big Sky. Kind of like Texas, but they don't say y'all.

Reply to
alarman

Same thing.

Reply to
Jim

then thats a real shame and speaks poorly of the individual installer, and reflects negatively on ADT.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

tis true...all the installer wants is his money for a blow and go install, all the salesman cares about is his commission and all ADT cares about is their RMR....any wonder the installs are mostly crap? After all...the client will never see the installer or the saleman again what do they care?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Um, well, yeah. Thank you, captain obvious.

Reply to
alarman

I tol ya imtay orpway

Reply to
Jim

its sad that some of you seem to feed on throwing personal insults. whether youre jerks in real life too or just onlne tough-guys, it reflects negatively on _you_. integrity is not selectable, you either have it or you dont.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

thats pretty sad. working in this industry _should_ carry with it a certain level of integrity. i dont sell a "product", i sell a total, overall service: security....and i build a lasting relationship with every customer. i dont see how anyone can stay in business otherwise. it baffles me to see these things.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Apparently, it's both. :^)

Shhh. Don't tell them.

They don't.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Unfortunately for you, the same thing can be said about stupidity, so your opinion is somewhat jaded by your condition.

Reply to
Jim

it must be really sad to walk around with so much hostility within. i pity you sir, perhaps im "stupid" for that too.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Guess you told us.

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.