7412 Programming

I tried to program this panel the other day and it gives me an invalid lock code message. Is their a way to reset this?

James

Reply to
James B
Loading thread data ...

Nope. The panel will have to be completely defaulted, unless you can get the previous company to remove their lock code.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thanks Jim, we put a call in to the previous company, but I doubt it will do any good. Can you tell me how to default the panel?

Reply to
James B

The problem with defaulting the panel, is that it makes it useless afterwards. The keypad will display CALL FOR SERVICE. You need special software to load a fresh program to the SRAM chip. If you send me the panel, I can do it in a few minutes.

formatting link

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

So your saying its not possible to default the panel, and download the programming from a 5200 programmer? If thats the case I may need to send it too you.

Reply to
James B

So your saying its not possible to default the panel, and download the programming from a 5200 programmer? If thats the case I may need to send it too you.

Reply to
Just Looking

Yes that is true. However, a dead panel cannot be resurrected with a

5200 prgrammer without the factory code. I instead load the SRAM directly since the factory will not share their way of doing it.

Radionics uses 1980's technology...does CPM come to mind?

formatting link

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

I hate Radix panels. Some say that's the only way to build a 'big' system but that's not true.

CPM was a little before my time, but I did write programs using "debug" in machine language in DOS 5 for school projects.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Unless writing BASIC programs on my old Vic-20 counts?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Almost all manufacturers still use 80's technology unfortunately, that

7412 is a good panel tho
Reply to
mleuck

I liked the 80"s

Doug

Reply to
Doug

There were 80's?

Reply to
Jim

Beat the 70's for sure

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.