66 Block wiring question

To save money at my church we recently went from 4 phone lines to two. The phone company simply disconected two mumbers from their end. Now we would like to connect each line we still have to the old disconected line. So the room that now has a disconected line will share a line with the room next door that has a good line.

I found the 66 push down block, with phone numbers listed on the right (user) side for each of the lines. How do I connect two lines together (The now disconnected one with the still connected one)?

Thanks

Surf40

Reply to
Surf40
Loading thread data ...

Does the 66 block have silver clips stretching across the middle from the left side to the right?

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Yes, and there are removable "bridges" that connect the middle two columes of clips. So on the left side is push down clips with wire from the phone co box. Down the middle are the two sets of clips with the bridges, and on the right are the other set of push down clips with wires going to the phone jacks.

Surf40

Reply to
Surf40

That's exactly what those are called - bridge clips.

Now, are you wanting both working numbers to go to every location? Or is one the voice line and the other a fax, modem or 'private' line?

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

We just want two phone jacks in two separate rooms to share the same line. Right not one room has a live line, and the other is disconnected. I think all I have to do is connect the wire from the dead line to the clip that has the live (working) line. Do I put two wires on one clip?

Surf40

Reply to
Surf40

back on. Do not put two conductors on the same pin as it will not make a good connection.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Thanks Rich. I did it last night and it worked great. I pulled the wires from the open line, and put them under the clips on the bridge of the working lines, and replayed the bridge.

Thanks Again

Surf40

Reply to
Surf40

Great, glad it worked. Glad I could help.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.