Terminal for pbx and meridian mail

I administrated a nortel switch for 5 years, that switch had 2 terminals, one for the pbx, one for the meridian mail system.

i recently switched job locations and they have only one terminal that supposedly you can switch from pbx to meridan with a couple of keystrokes. is this a common thing? and any suggestions to the keystrokes to switch between the two?

thanks.

Reply to
rscottyd
Loading thread data ...

Look up STA (Single Terminal Access). I think to get into Meridian Mail it's CTRL+x (Control X). To get back to the switch it's either CTRL+[ or CTRL+] (left and right brackets... I think it's the left one).

Good luck.

Reply to
RonB

If the Nortel PBX is an Option 11C (cabinet on the wall) the keystrokes are as follows:

"Small System allows access to Meridian Mail Adm> I administrated a nortel switch for 5 years, that switch had 2

Reply to
lumsden

Thank you, i guess i should have specified that it was an option 11c. my old location had an option 61. the ax and cont-] worked perfect. too bad once i got that to work, i now see that the last guy that took care of their switch changed the password on the meridian, and nobody knows it.

Reply to
rscottyd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.